regear to 4.10's = $750???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's including parts & labor.....is that about right or too high??

o that's to the 8.25 chrysler

Straight6Jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it includes new axle bearings and seals, along with synthetic lube, it is about right (although, still a bit high).

Setting up teh 8.25 is relatively easy, as the parts are not that heavy (when compared to a 80, or Corp 14 bolt)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
YA! That would for really suck for the guy in Camaro/Challenger, watching a KJ leave you in the dust!!
Wonder what the rev's would be like on the highway and how many Mpg you would loose though.
He would probably take his car back to the dealer for tune up or something exclaiming something has to be wrong.... getting blown away by a Liberty!

Last edited:

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it includes new axle bearings and seals, along with synthetic lube, it is about right (although, still a bit high).

Setting up teh 8.25 is relatively easy, as the parts are not that heavy (when compared to a 80, or Corp 14 bolt)

i think is about $380 in parts isnt??

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's a bit on the expensive side, but if it's a good shop...

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a bit on the expensive side, but if it's a good shop...

they laimed to be one of the best in the bussined in town, they also a jeep section in there website....but I still think it a bit too high gonna keep looking around

o btw the shop is called 249drivetrain.com or .net not sure

bugnout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like an awesome deal.

I paid about $700 for labor for both front and back diff's with install of lockers and gears. The bulk of the work was in front so $250 to $300 in labor for the rear is reasonable.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's including parts & labor.....is that about right or too high??

o that's to the 8.25 chrysler
About right,even cheap compared to some areas of the country.

Figure about $180-$225 for the gear set(quality costs money and less noise costs money),$120 for a good master install kit(must come with new ring gear bolts),then while they are in there might as well replace the axle bearings and seals so another $100 there,and then labor which most 4wd shops charge about $300-$500 per axle for install for a solid axle(IFS is way more $$$ and ARB's extra $$$).

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys I just found out I'm not gonna have to regear after all, but thankx anyways, good to know how much something like that runs for