refrazed question due to poor response?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
re-phrased question due to poor response?

Okay guru's. I though this is a simple question but lack of response tells me either my question is stupid or nobody really knows for sure.

I have:

daystar top strut plates(I DON'T have the stock plates)
OME 927's
RSX 17505
stock iso's

What size of spacer do I need to complete my DIY frankie??? I've been told
.75",1.5", and 2.25" Which one is right???

Last edited:

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Tommudd, dont be quiet. I read your response the last time I asked and you didn't give me anything I could use. 3/8 top plate/ 3 ring clevis is all you ever say, these things dont apply to my situation(only have daystar strut plates), but you already know this because you read my post. I know you know your shit, so why the run around, it's a simple question, what spacer is correct for the homemade frankie? I didn't know it was such a big deal, I thought that is what auto forums are for, asking dumb questions others may know. Sorry for beating the dead horse, everyone seems to have a different opinion, nothing straight up!

Last edited:

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
dunno, ive been contemplating the homemade frankie too but havent researched it.
im concerned about my CVs.. but like i said ihavent reasearched it at all.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now, Im sitting at 21.25" in the front with what I have. I want to get at 23.50".
So, Im deadlocked on what size spacer I need??????

If the frankenlift does infact use a 2.25" spacer, could I get away with using my old daystar 2.5" instead???

You're looking for 2.25" more lift. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong but, usually its about a 2:1 ratio for the amount of lift you get to the amount of spacer you use in front. So I guess you'd need a 1.125" spacer of some kind. I don't understand the frankenlift quite frankly. hehe
I guess I need to do more reading about it here.

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was and has been answered.

Ya, by many people with different answers, If you know....what is it??? Is it the
.75" rusty's(seems to be a popular response) or 2.25" that ALLJ's representitive said, or is it something in between (1.5" foating around on lost)? Like I said, many different answers.

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mudd told you,and has pics of the homemade franky up.

Told me what, the spacer size? I've seen the pics pop up around here and on lost numerous times and they tell me nothing, only that I have different top Iso's and no spacers. I'm not concerned about the top Iso's, what size is the spacer???](*,) If you know, why not just say so.:D

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i assume that he told you to put the spacer between the body and the strut, and the clevis rings between the strut and the clevis... and if i assume that, i would have to also assume this means that you will get the height you are looking for...
but what do i know? i just made an "ass" of "u" and "me" 3 times in this one post, and I don't know anything about daystar or frankenlifts, so I could be completely wrong

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude, what are you getting at? Tom knows his shit very very well. He told you the correct answer and maybe your just confused. Yes RockyMountain it is 2:1 lift height ratio

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude, what are you getting at? Tom knows his shit very very well. He told you the correct answer and maybe your just confused. Yes RockyMountain it is 2:1 lift height ratio

So, what do you know, your from New York....kidding.:D He gave an anwer that I didn't ask. THANK YOU BIGBLUE for the simple response without trying to sound all cool and smart. When the ALLJ's rep said to use a 2.25" spacer, it through me for a loop, that's what caused my confussion.:confused: I figured, if this guy builds them(frankie's) and said to use the 2.25", then by god, that must be what I need. However, I've stirred the pot enough and will go with the rusty's .75" and see what happens. I will NOT be using a top plate spacer and/or clevis. THANKS AGAIN MRBLUE!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online