red wheels on black lib??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

themadness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well.....getting a different ride was a bust so i have decided to hold on to the lib. since i painted the outside black and the door jambs are still red i thought i would accessorize to accommodate the difference. red decals or emblems a couple of red accents on the interior, nothing major.

then i thought instead of putting black plasti dip on the wheels why not try red. it wouldnt be "murdered out" like planned but it might still be cool. any thoughts?

i may photoshop it to get an idea of what it might look like. just wanted to see what you guys think.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I think it would look cooler if you did the wheel black and just did the lip of the wheel red.

Might be red overload if you do the whole wheel

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Red was made for firetrucks and maybe tow hooks, not rims.
Red as an accent to black as in a small pinstripe may be acceptable.
The whole wheel red would not suite black KJ, IMHO.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What wheels do you have on your KJ. With the OEM steelies, you could try just the center caps red and the wheel black. Or if you have limited wheels, you could do the spokes black with the rims red.

Using photoshop is a great way to find the right color combinations. Just click away until you find the right mix.

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the red accent would look nice but I agree that the whole wheel in red would look a little awkward. Is there a pain you can do over the black plastdip?

Latest posts

Members online