2006 Sport Wheels Not Round?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrey

Reaction score
Wife’s 06 Liberty Sport V6 runs on the freeway with what felt like an oblong shaped factory wheels as it move. Several balance and alignments doesn’t solve anything. New front struts, rotors, brake pads, tires, and so on. Anyone have same issues? I’ve even thought of replacing wheels to see if it will go away. Do I need new shocks? Shop says don’t need it. Has 150,000 miles though.

Attachments

• IMG_2024-01-07-141826.jpeg
    IMG_2024-01-07-141826.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 4

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife’s 06 Liberty Sport V6 runs on the freeway with what felt like an oblong shaped factory wheels as it move. Several balance and alignments doesn’t solve anything. New front struts, rotors, brake pads, tires, and so on. Anyone have same issues? I’ve even thought of replacing wheels to see if it will go away. Do I need new shocks? Shop says don’t need it. Has 150,000 miles though.
Might be a bent alloy but it's usually a damaged tyre. Jack the front up and set up a stick or similar just clear of touching the tyre where you can see it easily, spin it by hand and you will soon see if its egg shape or running out.
Strange that the wheel fitters didn't notice during balancing though if this is the problem.

mrlavalamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ is the methond I know to check it yourself and you can also check for play in wheel bearings same time. Alternatively, you can take it to a tire shop should be able to spin up on their balance machine and tell you if anything is out of round at all with the wheel or the tire.

Members online

No members online now.