Recovery Strap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Christmas is around the corner and I am making my list.

I am asking for tow hooks, a Warn Receiver Shackle Bracket and a recovery strap.

I'm going Mopar for the hooks and you can find the Shackle Bracket at quite a few online places.

However, I can't seem to find what I think is a good strap. Some that seem right for recovery are called tow straps.

Can someone point me to a respectable store with a good recovery strap? Online or local.

Tractor Supply online has a recovery strap but is only 6'.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Harbor Freight...got my 30'x2" strap rated for 6k working load and 18k total for $26. Got my receiver tow hook there for $10, 10k rating...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have that same Warn receiver/shackle. I got it at Tractor Supply.

They also have all kinds of recovery straps with loops in 2"x20' or 30' rated for 18,000lbs and 3" wide and 4" wide straps rated for even more. This is at the store near me so they have them. You might have to order one if they are out. But I know they have them. I was there a couple of days ago. Their straps are good ones made in Canada if I remember correctly. Can't remember the name off hand but I will go look in the jeep if you want. They work good.

Dave

TigerClaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goto Napa or Traction (heavy duty parts store) They have Kinedyne Tow straps 20 feet rated 10k lbs each for about 15-20$ no matter if USD or CDN money ...
I can show them on a pic if you want .. i bought them over at Traction where i work ...

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not buy a "tow strap",they are not ment for offroad use.Buy a strap labeled as "recovery" or a "snatch strap",they are designed for offroad use,they will be more expensive then a tow strap though.

NO METAL HOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not buy a "tow strap",they are not ment for offroad use.Buy a strap labeled as "recovery" or a "snatch strap",they are designed for offroad use,they will be more expensive then a tow strap though.

NO METAL HOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I understand that. I got all of that from the research I did. However, some are called tow straps even though they seem to be for recovery.

Like this...

Tractor Supply Tow Strap 3"x20'

It is labeled a tow strap but the description talks like it is a recovery/snatch strap. With loops and all.

I just want someone with experience to say "Yes, this is a good recovery strap for off road use." I want to be very positive about what I am buying so that I can be as safe as possible.

If this is a good strap, this is what I am leaning towards since it can be gotten locally along with the receiver shackle.

I have that same Warn receiver/shackle. I got it at Tractor Supply.

They also have all kinds of recovery straps with loops in 2"x20' or 30' rated for 18,000lbs and 3" wide and 4" wide straps rated for even more. This is at the store near me so they have them. You might have to order one if they are out. But I know they have them. I was there a couple of days ago. Their straps are good ones made in Canada if I remember correctly. Can't remember the name off hand but I will go look in the jeep if you want. They work good.

Dave
Thanks. Is the one I have linked just above one like you are talking about? If so, I believe they do have them at my local one.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand that. I got all of that from the research I did. However, some are called tow straps even though they seem to be for recovery.

Like this...

Tractor Supply Tow Strap 3"x20'

It is labeled a tow strap but the description talks like it is a recovery/snatch strap. With loops and all.

I just want someone with experience to say "Yes, this is a good recovery strap for off road use." I want to be very positive about what I am buying so that I can be as safe as possible.

If this is a good strap, this is what I am leaning towards since it can be gotten locally along with the receiver shackle.

Thanks. Is the one I have linked just above one like you are talking about? If so, I believe they do have them at my local one.
Those straps sold at TSC are good ones,they just mislabel them since farmers want a tow strap.If it can stretch then it's one you want.Actual towstraps will not stretch just like a chain.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those straps sold at TSC are good ones,they just mislabel them since farmers want a tow strap.If it can stretch then it's one you want.Actual towstraps will not stretch just like a chain.
Thanks Troy. That is exactly what I needed to know.:)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one in the link looks good.

This is what I am using from Tractor Supply.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dave