Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey there!

As far as recovery points go, you can't go wrong with the factory hooks...front and rear, or you can go with a good Class III hitch on the rear and use a shackle mount with the hitch. Other that that, an ARB front bumper also gives you recovery points too....oh, and there is also the Detours Backbone system for the front that accomodates a winch and shackles.

PM Ryan09...he can tell you all about the Detours system.

Hope that helps. (biggrin)

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For rear, I have the factory hitch, and have a Haul Master hook in it. Haven't used it for recovery work yet though.

For the front...I'm working on that.

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can I get the factory ones from? I am pretty sure I don't have any recovery points on my KJ. Is that normal?

Sorry----I am a newb KJ owner looking to get her squared away for summer time.

Last edited:

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can I get the factory ones from? I am pretty sure I don't have any recovery points on my KJ. Is that normal?

Sorry----I am a newb KJ owner looking to get her squared away for summer time.

Sometimes they pop up for sale here on the site or on LOSTJEEPS.com
You may find some in a junk yard. TOWSTRAP is also from Dayton area, he just had the backbone system installed if ya want to look at one real close.
Make sure you check the OHIO section on lostjeeps too, we have regular meets, offroading, road rallies, etc

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Backbone system looks sweet, but whats a good winch to get?

All I really want is to install some hooks. Is there any place off the top of your head where they can be found?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
The Backbone system looks sweet, but whats a good winch to get?

All I really want is to install some hooks. Is there any place off the top of your head where they can be found?

I ordered my front hooks at the stealership for about $90 all said and done, and that is for a pair of factory recovery hooks with all the proper mounting hardware...be careful of buying used hooks as they may not come with all the mounting hardware, such as the elusive "M BOLTS". :eek: