Recommendations on 2 extra Fog lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoasterG

Reaction score
Ok so Bennett is the king of extra lights so I need to call upon his (and everyone else's expertise).

I'm looking to add 2 lights to my brush guard because it looks SO empty up there.

What brand(s) are highly recommended?

I'm not looking to spend a fortune since I live in Florida and they'll be used infrequently.

Also, what internet retailers are recommended to buy them from?

Thanks!

George

uvalax236

Reaction score
Hella 500's are bright as day and really cheap for a set of 2 with the wiring harness and switch. There somthing like $67-68. Check Jeepinoutfitters.com

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
uvalax236 said:
Hella 500's are bright as day and really cheap for a set of 2 with the wiring harness and switch. There somthing like $67-68. Check Jeepinoutfitters.com

Like he said, PIAA's are also VERY nice, but you're going to pay less for the Hella's.

I am actually going to upgrade soon to some larger hella's on my brushguard, not because my current 500's are bad, it's just because I can. \:D/ (well when i get some money) lol. But seriously the hella 500's offer good performance and at a price that isn't going to break the bank.

They also come in fog and driving styles. Driving are kinda nice, and IMHO they look better with the clear lenses versus the fog lense. But, I do have the fog lense on my brushgaurd and they offer excellent performance.

Bennett

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hella. check out the prices at rallylights.com to -- quite good price and good company (I've bought stuff from them).

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
uvalax236 said:
I've seen these at auto parts stores for around $60 if you don't want to wait for shipping. (Like me).

KJ_LoKi

Reaction score
Not exactly cheap and I'm not sure if you have a color scheme or not... but I absolutely love the Hella Black Magics. Sweet looking and nice and bright.
-Lance

CoasterG

Reaction score
Ok got 2 Hella 500 Drivers from Advance/Discount Auto Parts yesterday for $64.

A question on wiring the harness, whats the easiest way to run the wiring from the lights into the Jeep engine compartment?

As for the switch, from reading previous install descriptions I can run the wiring thru the hole in the firewall and install the switch inside without too much of a problem.

Going to do before and after photos - with my full brushguard/partial brushguard after I get them in this weekend!

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Just get some plastic wire wrap stuff and run it through the grill. I think its called wire loom or something like that. Then wrap it with electrical tape to seal it. That's what I've done for my 4 lights down below as well as above.

Bennett

Emoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys mounting the switches in the cab? Anyone try mounting a switch in a spot that turned out to be a bad idea - something we should avoid?

Thanks!

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow this came back from the dead!!! LOL 2 years old. Anywho the switch placement is typically to the left to steering wheel on the Instrument Panel face. In that same spot the Renegade light bar switch is installed. You can take down the panel under the steering wheel and easily access the location after running your wiring into the compartment.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where exactly does the switch go for the renegade?

Sorry, I don't have an interior shot that I can pull up from my current location. However, if you look to the left of the steering wheel you will see a strip of panel between the upper dash and lower part of the dash. There is a switch there that is for the roof lights (Renegade). It's a good spot.

You must be registered for see images attach

csukoh78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm installing this now. I wish someone had a how to for the Liberty, ideal grounds, etc etc

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were bunch of how tos and diagrams..
We had a recent one at LOST before I went on vacation, search for auxilary+illegal over at LOST and you will see the diagram.

also here is another
You must be registered for see images

I also had Blake's step by step instructions, if I have his permission I can post that here.

csukoh78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look at the Hella directions, on one part it says that the green wire goes in wire 1, at the bottom, it says yellow. What's the difference???? Will it affect anything if they are switched?