Rear Window Wind Deflector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasimon

Reaction score
Anybody got one of these on their vehicle? Are they worth while in keeping the rear window and maybe spare tire cleaner? Thanks for any info.

Watty

Reaction score
In my opinion, no. From what I have observed on vehicles equipped with these deflectors, they never really work under a really dusty conditions. The problem is that no matter how much airflow you direct over the rear window, dust particals will still stick due to electro-static forces (produced by charged ions in dust that magnetically attached to other objects having an opposite charge, i.e. the windscreen, etc) that is somewhat stronger than the air pressure force you will be able to deflect by the gadget onto
the back. Also consider the extra wind drag (heavier fuel consumption) that they most likely would produce.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's good to add more look to your vehicle. It will not reduce dust or rain on the rear window or spare tire. It will definitley increase gas mileage (probably by .25-.5 mpg).

You must be registered for see images attach

thx1138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey blckkj...how does that wing attach? Is it with 3M tape? Surely its a no-drill install...

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure blkkj will back this up, but I do believe there ARE four holes to drill. That's the only reason that I'm on the fence about installing one.

thx1138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang...I was hopin' it attached another way. Yeah..I had to drill 4 holes to mount a factory spoiler on my wife's PT Cruiser...Talk about scary. They do provide a template to go by, still, scary nontheless. 8-[

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone posted those "great" MOPAR pictograms for this that come with the MOPAR parts yet? It'd be nice just to get an idea of the work involved.