Rear Glass Support Broke- Suggestions??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reginator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving the other day and heard something fall in the back of the jeep. Ended up being the lift support for the rear glass. After looking at it, it was clear that the ball that it clips into rusted enough that it broke off.. And it looks like its going to happen to the other side.I was able to turn the nut with a socket, but it will turn for days.. Now I tried taking a knife and see if I can pop off the rubber mouldings but its too hard. Any suggestions, I reallly dont want to have to buy a new rear glass.

Attachments

• 20130309_143603[1].jpg
    20130309_143603[1].jpg
    87 KB · Views: 32
  • 20130309_143626[1].jpg
    20130309_143626[1].jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 32

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving the other day and heard something fall in the back of the jeep. Ended up being the lift support for the rear glass. After looking at it, it was clear that the ball that it clips into rusted enough that it broke off.. And it looks like its going to happen to the other side.I was able to turn the nut with a socket, but it will turn for days.. Now I tried taking a knife and see if I can pop off the rubber mouldings but its too hard. Any suggestions, I reallly dont want to have to buy a new rear glass.

Try make another mounting bracket and pop-rivet it next to/over the broken one?