rear gate window keeps opening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went out to my jeep today and i noticed that my rear gate window was open... right now my shocks arent the best so luckily the window was still down, but open about an inch. i closed it and hit my button twice and the window shot all the way up. i'm not too worried about the shocks not working or working as much as i am worried about how my gate keeps getting unlocked? i have the button set to 2 clicks and that seems to maybe be the only button that has gotten falsely triggered because it has never unlocked the jeep and i have never heard the horn from the lock button. this has happend 2 times and i am a little worried because i just put a brand new sub back there and dont want anything happening. anyone else have this issue? can i disable the rear button period? if that even is the case. thank you in advance for any advice.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a micro-switch on the rear handle assembly. You need to remove the internal panel to get to it. Check for loose connections and there was a warning put out that water can seep onto the switch and short it out....replace the switch if in doubt.

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's kinda funny that it happens in the dry, it's been raining ever since it last happened but not once in the rain. I will probably stop by the dealer and replace this switch anyways.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.