Ready to pull the lift trigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghostrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The final major pieces for the lift!

You must be registered for see images attach

ghostrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just in time for the weekend. :D

More like just in time for next weekend lol. I'm out of town, but I am actually with the friend that I bought the Jeep from. I've been talking about all the work I'll be doing to it to make it better :D

ghostrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could have finished, but I am now waiting on more parts. The factory rear bump stops were disintegrating, and the isolators were in bad shape. The front spring isolators are also in bad shape; one has a piece hanging off and they all show cracking. I have ordered a new full set of upper and lower isos for all 4 corners, and new rear upper bump stops. I went ahead and ordered new front shock mounts as well. The rear suspension is removed, and the axle is resting on smaller jack stands until parts come in. I did get the hockey puck stops installed on the bottom rears though. I also bolted on the JBA y link extension. The front upper stops are disintegrating as well, but I already have the teraflex ones for that :). Tomorrow, I plan on getting the rest of the front apart and replacing the ball joints, bushings, and tie rod ends. I think I'll wait to install the JBA UCAs until the shock assemblies are ready to be installed.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I wish I could have finished, but I am now waiting on more parts. The factory rear bump stops were disintegrating, and the isolators were in bad shape. The front spring isolators are also in bad shape; one has a piece hanging off and they all show cracking. I have ordered a new full set of upper and lower isos for all 4 corners, and new rear upper bump stops. I went ahead and ordered new front shock mounts as well. The rear suspension is removed, and the axle is resting on smaller jack stands until parts come in. I did get the hockey puck stops installed on the bottom rears though. I also bolted on the JBA y link extension. The front upper stops are disintegrating as well, but I already have the teraflex ones for that :). Tomorrow, I plan on getting the rest of the front apart and replacing the ball joints, bushings, and tie rod ends. I think I'll wait to install the JBA UCAs until the shock assemblies are ready to be installed.

Didn't install the rear lower bumpstops already did you ?
If you are waiting on the uppers I assumed you didn't
But if you did , making it harder on yourself to install the springs
Install upper bumpstop, then spring, then bolt in lower

ghostrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't install the rear lower bumpstops already did you ?
If you are waiting on the uppers I assumed you didn't
But if you did , making it harder on yourself to install the springs
Install upper bumpstop, then spring, then bolt in lower

Oops! Well, given that the axle is only held on by the lower control arms right now, hopefully it won't be too bad getting the new springs on when the time comes.

ghostrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear is done and sitting on wheels again!

The passenger side spring is somehow a bit off center at the top. I may jack it back up and see if I can wiggle it around some.

ghostrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost done! Set of new tires came in (I had them shipped to work). I bought Hankook Dynapro ATMs in 245/75/16.

I got the front end reassembled last weekend. I had to reuse the retainer washers from the Monroe quick struts that were on it, and I will be continuously amused by my new OME setup having the Monroe part number stamped on the top :happy175:

All that is left is to pull the jack stands out from the front; the tires are touching the ground, but it is not under full weight due to the stands. Then I need to tighten up the bolts that need to be under load. I also still need to readjust that rear spring. The plan is to take care of that this weekend and then get the tires mounted and alignment done on Monday. The alignment is going to be fun given that I have had the entire front suspension out of the vehicle :gr_grin:

ghostrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And, we are back on all fours and "drive-able"! I say that because the alignment is very messed up right now, and it's obvious looking at it and trying to drive around the block.

Would the alignment being very out of spec cause the front ride height to change just moving the vehicle forward or backward?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
And, we are back on all fours and "drive-able"! I say that because the alignment is very messed up right now, and it's obvious looking at it and trying to drive around the block.

Would the alignment being very out of spec cause the front ride height to change just moving the vehicle forward or backward?

Front will sit higher until it is aligned

ghostrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front will sit higher until it is aligned

It's just weird right now. I measured hub to fender and got one height. Then I backed it up a bit and get a lower height. I pulled back forward and it went back to the higher number. Everything is wonky on the front. :happy175:

ghostrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do these center hub to fender measurements seem a little low to anyone else? Measurements are ish.

DF - ~21 3/4"
PF - ~21 3/4"
DR - ~22 1/2"
PR - ~22 3/4"

This is with OME 927/948, 1/4" top plates, 3/8" clevis, and 2 extra isos in rear.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes with 927 front springs, 1/4 inch top plate and 3/8 inch clevis you should be , well too high but 3.75 over new stock height or 22.75 .
Any noises from UCAs contacting the springs? Most time there is