RB1, no song titles from Sirius

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've learned, the ONLY way you can get song titles on your OEM Mopar radio is if...

1. You have the CD changer install package (this comes with a multiplexer, and you don't need the actual CD changer)
2. That "special" artist/song cable (it plugs into the multiplexer)
3. A RB1 or RB4 head unit (if you want song tiles and artist names AND station name).

I think some other Mopar radios with this set-up will show only the station name.

So, your Sirius antenna plugs into the Sirius receiver; your Sirius receiver plugs into the multiplexer (all in back on Jeep), and the head unit plugs into the multiplexer with the long special artist/song cable.

The Sirius-only install does not come with a mulitplexer, and therefore, cannot use the special artist/song cable.

Confusing, I know.

AntTrax

Reaction score
Confusing indeed.

Do you have the part #'s to these items. I'm content with the OEM radio but would like to have the song information. I guess I need to find the easiest solution.

jeepers

Reaction score
I just received my artist data cable today and hope to get it installed this weekend. Without it (using an RB1) I'm only get the channel number (no station category, name, artist or song name).

P/N 82207565 Installation kit for use with CD changer
P/N 82208322 Artist cable

jeepers

Reaction score
After installing the artist data cable I now have all of the information displayed. Still no CD changer though. Have to keep an eye on eBay for one of those now.

AntTrax

Reaction score
From what I read, it sounds like I need to get the multiplexer and the cable to see the info on the oem radio.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post and also just bought a 05 Limited, yesterday before finding this forum and this topic I installed a RB1 that was removed from an 02 Durango to replace the 6 cd radio and also Sirius, I did not use any special cables, only the one radio to Sirus tuner cable that came with the install kit and I am getting song title and artist,

Bob

squirrellydw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RBK??

Would this also work on the RBK radio? I would just like to have the station name, now it just shows the number.

wvjeep

Reaction score
HELP! Ordering a KJ and want tunes, info, & nav!

I am ordering an 06 KJ and I am trying to decide what to do:
1) Order Sirius & UConnect and add an RB1 Nav (from ebay) at the dealership, plus add the data cord to the receiver.
2) Order the RB1 NAv and have the dealer add Sirius & the data cord at the dealership. Forget about UConnect.
>>>One thing I cannot find an answer to is I wonder if the RB1 Nav will work with Sirius AND with UConnect????

I currently have an 04 KJ with the RBQ 6 disc and Sirius- it does NOT display the song/artist, and I want this on my new 06 KJ.

Suggestions?????? Help!

Hawkeye

Reaction score
So if I install a RB1 and Sirrus in the Liberty (with the correct cable) can I use the logjam unit to operate my Ipod too?

art_telfeian

Reaction score
RB1 No Info on Sirius

I upgraded my basic Mopar AM FM CD Head with the Factory Sirius Option too an RB1. I probably need that artist cable; but do I need a multiplexer as well. Thank you.

art_telfeian

Reaction score
RB1 with No Sirius Info

I upgraded my basic Mopar AM FM CD Head with the Factory Sirius Option too an RB1; in a 2006 Liberty. I probably need that artist cable; but do I need a multiplexer as well. Thank you.