Raptor lining my interior because wet carpet *****.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to take my puppy out to the bay for an afternoon. Got 40 miles down the road and he barfed all over. (I purposely skipped his noon meal, but...)

Maybe I'll do the same thing to my interior. It would be a lot easier to clean off.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did about a dozen water crossings last month through the Cape. The only time water came in was when I got bogged in a crossing. It filled up fast! I was in about 3 feet of water for around 60 seconds before I was snatched out, engine running. Some people were putting duct tape over the door seals for extra protection, which seemed to help.
I used a car bra (highly recommended) for all crossings which helped a lot to keep water out of the engine bay as well as a healthy spray of WD40 on the engine before each crossing and dielectric grease on anything electrical I could find. I also wrapped all of the coils and any other switches/connectors in electrical tape before I left.
The carpet has dried out now and luckily I haven't had any electrical problems as a result (fingers crossed it lasts!).
Water crossings are not something I go looking to do, but they are a part of where I live so it helps to be prepared.

Last edited:

okiestate_gal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks great! I've been thinking about pulling my carpet after finding the passenger floor soaked from a recent rain storm.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been great so far. So easy to clean.