rancho shock ? rsx 17004

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been doing alot of reading, and know that the rsx 17004 is recommended for the rear shock replacement, and i figured if I'm already do the wesway lift, I might as well replace the rear shocks anyways. I also already asked rancho as well what to use in place of the 17004, but no answer yet. So my question for anyone is which rancho shock can i use for the rear... does anyone know the rancho for the durango that i keep reading about?... I plan on getting the rest of everything ordered in a week or so.

Thanks in advance..

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
A shock for the rear of a 99-04 Dakota 4 wheel drive will be the correct length

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on the RS5284, it's hydraulic and seems to suck. My mistake. As soon as I can convince myself to replace a brand-new shock, I will. Shouldn't take much, I'm kinda easy that way.:)

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, then I guess I'll continue searching for the ever elusive rsx 17004 then... thanks for the added info

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
i ordered those shocks.. from XL offroad
they say they have called the rancho warehouse and rancho has them in stock
they have placed the rancho order.
i have yet to get a shipping notice for my shocks its been 2 days..
we shall see.

TAwesome

Pizza Pimp
Reaction score
Yeah Geeky let me know when you get them because this is where I would like to purchase them from. I would just like some assurance that I am going to get my product!!!

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
got the notice.. today it sais they shipped from Memphis area and are already in indy..
so there3 was just lag in me finding out. all 4 corners shocks and springs on the way.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not too bad, I waited 10 weeks for my RSX17505s when I ordered them last March. Mine came from a warehouse in Arkansas. Long trip to northern Canada for those little buggers.

My best advice is just press your parts dudes to search harder. The shocks are still out there to be had.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I orderd mine from XLOffroad.com

Rancho RSX17505 - RSX17000; Strut Assembly RAN-RSX17505 2
Rancho RSX17004 - RSX17000; Shock Absorber RAN-RSX17004 2

for like 290ish..

it appears that they shipped long before i got the notice.. like i said earlier they starrted in AR (Arkansas?) and are already in Indy..

the sales guy told me ( i emailed them before i ordered to verify availiblity and he emailed me back same day) that the Rancho warehouse still had them.

aparently these are rancho direct...

TAwesome

Pizza Pimp
Reaction score
Man my confusion keeps getting worse. How is it that rancho discontinues a product they still sell? Ah nevermind, as long as I get my product!

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
wahts to be confused about? THe manufacturer quit making them. They are able to sell them as long as they have th backstock.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
well crap!
checked my ups tracking on a whim and saw this...

06/10/2010 11:00 A.M. DAMAGE REPORTED / DAMAGE CLAIM UNDER INVESTIGATION
06/10/2010 10:50 A.M. MERCHANDISE IS MISSING. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH ADDITIONAL DETAILS. / ALL MERCHANDISE MISSING, EMPTY CARTON WAS DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE
06/10/2010 4:01 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

as far as i can tell.. thats the struts box.