RainX Wiper Blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. I have had them on for about 3 weeks now. Recently we have been getting heavy rain and the wipers do wonders. I leave not streaks when its a misty rain outside, or if I'm trying to clean the windshield. They do not squeak as I have heard others proclaim (maybe its the washer fluid?).

Good wipers for the $5.99 I paid for each (after a Pep Boys coupon).

You must be registered for see images

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give it a month, they will start squeeking at small amount of rain. You don't know what to do then, is it the continuous wiping or one below it, first one sqeeks, next one doesn't wipe enough.. Maybe it is the prestone fluid, I am not sure but they squeegy time to time

ClintCart

Reaction score
I've had mine for 6 months and no problems what so ever. I also use their summer and winter washer fluid.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
weve got those on the corolla and they do great. I think it needs a new bushing kit though. There is alot of slack in the wiper arms.. Causes them to hope all over the place, that has nothing to do with the wipers though. O:)

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using Rain-X blades for years and love them. What I want to know is if anyone has used the NEW Rain-X blades. I think they are called latitude or something. It's a contoured blade they came out with a couple months ago, but I am not due for a new set of wipers yet.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
the_titan said:
I have been using Rain-X blades for years and love them. What I want to know is if anyone has used the NEW Rain-X blades. I think they are called latitude or something. It's a contoured blade they came out with a couple months ago, but I am not due for a new set of wipers yet.

Do the Rain-X blades ice up? My POS factory blades iced up pretty good today. I have been using the Rain-X washer fluid and it is much better than the cheap stuff.

Also, I saw the newer Rain-X blades and was wondering about them myself???

I was thinking of changing them.

Dave

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely never had that problem with mine, no, and I just drove home from work in sleet/snow/freezing rain, after it sat in that for maybe 4 hours before I went to leave the office.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had em on since September and still have no issues. After our freezing rain storms and heavy snow they are still in great shape. I clean them with Windex and alcohol wipes. They do not squeak, nor have they ever made the squeegee sound.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the latitudes yet? Saw them on TV but Ive not seen them in walmart yet. I drive in the rain once in a blue moon, but last time I did, my bosch Micro edges were in purdy bad shape and they cost to much anyway. I put some silicone grease on them this past weekend to soften then up some.. Ive not driven in the rain since..

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still got the Bosch, they are doing pretty well..

Although they squeegie after the stone glass cleaner is applied..

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
why create another topic, we can turn this into wiper blades discussion and sticky it! :D

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw those RainX Latitude blades at wal-mart earlier today.....$18 for EACH wiper blade, no thanks. I'd rather get the Anco blades for $4 each and replace em every few months.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Just saw those RainX Latitude blades at wal-mart earlier today.....$18 for EACH wiper blade, no thanks. I'd rather get the Anco blades for $4 each and replace em every few months.

i dont know. im **** about my wipers. has to be quiet and friggin streak free. i was so impressed w/ the bosch icons that i would not mind paying that much twice a year. im kinda sick of how the low end wipers get streaky after a few uses. ( i always end up replacing them a lot sooner and thus end up spending about the same)

on another note, michelin has their own version of the latitudes, and icons.
dont bother. they streak, unlike the other 2. build quality is not as good either.

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree on the Bosch.
They're by far the best blades I've ever used.

Even down here in the South Florida heat, they seem to last longer than the others.
You definitely get what you pay for.

Paul
________
magic flight

Last edited: