RainX Wiper Blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bosch micro edges are skipping after a year. For $12 a piece or whatever I paid, Im not getting those again. Im going with the rugular rain-x's from here on out!

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
My bosch micro edges are skipping after a year. For $12 a piece or whatever I paid, Im not getting those again. Im going with the rugular rain-x's from here on out!

12 bux for the regular bosch..damn...i get them for bout 8 (sometimes free from my mechanic...:D)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rain x or bocsh?

Rain-X.. :D

The truck at work has them and the guy that drives uses them when its dry and covered in dust. I do good to get through a day without killing both of those guys(their ignorant). Anyway, I figured if they hold up in the mines then they would do great on my jeep that hardly sees rain. :rolleyes:

ryanmcv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a set of Rain-X Latitudes at my local hardware store today (they were on sale for only $14/each!), and I must say, I am quite impressed. It actually started raining about an hour after I installed them, so I was able to try them out. They are AMAZINGLY better than the stock blades. No scraping, skipping, or streaking. Highly recommended!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You are lucky Ryan. I looked for them everhwhere and no autostore in my area had them on the correct size. So I went back to good old "cloth like" Bosch.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You are lucky Ryan. I looked for them everhwhere and no autostore in my area had them on the correct size. So I went back to good old "cloth like" Bosch.

they just had a buy one get half off at pep boys..like twice already.

if i see it again, i'll let u know (they are almost as good as the Icons..i found the icons a bit better, but the rain-x are a good cheaper alternative, tho not by much)

ryanmcv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they just had a buy one get half off at pep boys..like twice already.

if i see it again, i'll let u know (they are almost as good as the Icons..i found the icons a bit better, but the rain-x are a good cheaper alternative, tho not by much)

I went to Pep Boys first to look for them, but they only had the Latitudes in even-numbered sizes. So the guy at the service desk told me to go to Menards, my local hardware store, because they had them in all sizes for $5 less. :cool:http://www.menards.com/

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had these on my Charger for a couple months now and they are definitely superior blades. They get everything, first pass, no skipping around or squeaking. Only issue I have is the curvature of my windshield. Since these are not spring enforced, as in, no extra pressure on the blade, the passenger side does not have enough pressure on it to make it conform to the 2 inches along the edge on my passenger side so they don't make contact in a 3 inch high by 2 inch wide triangle at the bottom. Not a huge deal, but annoying. I am going to take that one off one of these days and see if I can't force a bend into it without warping its contact along the rest of the blade. Either way, the car is new enough that after a little time and washing, the pattern on the windshield from previous blades should go away and you will never notice they don't make complete contact with it. Except when it is raining and you notice a small missed area where there is still water droplets.

gabegt90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the rain x are good my moms had them for almost 6 months very good I just changed the rear with a bosh night shade or something like that

gawilliams

Reaction score
Icon blades work great for me too!

I use Bosch Icon blades on my Crossfire and the Civic... (biggthumpup)

I have used the Icon blades -- I've had them on my KJ for over a year, and still wipe perfectly. They ARE kind of expensive... about $20 each from amamzon, but I went through new blades every couple months to prevent streaking with the cheaper ones. I don't know what their lifespan is, but I've had them for about 16 months.

ryanmcv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a rear windshield wiper? My original stock one is wearing out and it was never very good to begin with... Any recommendations? I know Rain-X does not make one for the KJ.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a rear windshield wiper? My original stock one is wearing out and it was never very good to begin with... Any recommendations? I know Rain-X does not make one for the KJ.

just pick up any 11" you can find. those are hard to come by. I used to have a few around, but they've all been bought out. I'll keep a look out again and keep stock

lvmykjeep

Reaction score
sweeked right out of the package. Worse blades i have ever had.