Quick Evic question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh wow, do you mind taking a pic for me?

The parts books only list one color for the headliner/a-pillar trim/grab handles and EVIC.

Here ya go - a couple of pics. Our '03 Renegade has the dark slate gray upholstery, black carpet and dark slate gray interior panels. It is black outside.

Hope this helps, gotommerc!

You must be registered for see images

Bob

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't remember the fuse number I used but with an add-a-fuse I plugged into the fuse location you can see in the pic. Hope this helps!

Bob

Thanks! I'm assuming you can get these at pretty much any auto parts store?

Edit: Found them at advance auto. Which fuse box do we have? I see listings for ATC fuse boxes, ATM fuse boxes, etc.

Last edited:

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here ya go - a couple of pics. Our '03 Renegade has the dark slate gray upholstery, black carpet and dark slate gray interior panels. It is black outside.

Hope this helps, gotommerc!

Bob

this is the same color as the headliner in all 02-04 KJs

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is the same color as the headliner in all 02-04 KJs

Cool. But it's definitely NOT tan - it's gray. Had fun with a guy who had an EVIC I wanted from some Chrysler vehicle - don't remember which one now. His pic was badly lit and I couldn't tell the color - he said "it's light gray." Had him ship it...

It was TAN. Now I don't necessarily dress myself like an Abercrombie & Fitch model but I can see the difference between TAN and LIGHT GRAY and what he sent me was that camel color that a lot of vehicles have.

The good news: I sold the TAN one on Ebay and found the proper LIGHT GRAY EVIC from a 2001 Chrysler Concorde. It all worked out... :party52:

Thanks gotommerc!

Bob

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get your EVIC all wired up?

Bob

It should be coming tomorrow. I'll probably tackle it come Tuesday hopefully. I think I have all the parts ready. :disgust:

Any idea where to run the ground? I'm assuming just find someplace metal to ground it?

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be coming tomorrow. I'll probably tackle it come Tuesday hopefully. I think I have all the parts ready. :disgust:

Any idea where to run the ground? I'm assuming just find someplace metal to ground it?

The four leads coming from the EVIC include a ground - three of the four leads tie into the back of the OBDII ports and that includes a ground lead. Here is a link that includes a diagram; scroll about halfway down. You probably already have this but thought I'd link to it anyway. The fourth lead - fused power - ties into the fuse panel via the add-a-fuse location in the pic I posted earlier.

Were you planning on using the OBDII ports? I was hesitant but it sure made for a clean installation and was not a problem. I was detoured for a while till I figured out how to get the leads out of the back of the OBDII connector (VERY small screwdriver or paper clip to lift the tabs for each wire at the back of the connector) but as far as anyone knows it's a factory install. DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE TERMINAL ON THE BATTERY for sure.

Hope this helps!

Bob

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The four leads coming from the EVIC include a ground - three of the four leads tie into the back of the OBDII ports and that includes a ground lead. Here is a link that includes a diagram; scroll about halfway down. You probably already have this but thought I'd link to it anyway. The fourth lead - fused power - ties into the fuse panel via the add-a-fuse location in the pic I posted earlier.

Were you planning on using the OBDII ports? I was hesitant but it sure made for a clean installation and was not a problem. I was detoured for a while till I figured out how to get the leads out of the back of the OBDII connector (VERY small screwdriver or paper clip to lift the tabs for each wire at the back of the connector) but as far as anyone knows it's a factory install. DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE TERMINAL ON THE BATTERY for sure.

Hope this helps!

Bob

Yea I was planning on using the OBDII link. I was going off of that diagram until I read (can't find it now of course) that it was recommended to ground on the vehicle and not through the OBDII connector. :shrug:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is most definitely a gray color which matches the seats. Its not beige like for example the old computer tower color. When I got my EVIC 3 years ago I picked one out that had a good pic on ebay and I could tell it was gray. Worked out for me. I hope you don't get a beige aka tan one. Let us know how it looks. You'll like it.