queston about paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpsutich

Reaction score
does anyone know what color the paint is (if there is paint available) for a Liberty Sport 2002 front bumper cover? I ordered a replacement cover, mine was damaged in a accident, and it came primed in black. The one on there is the Sport gray (doesn't match the body) and I wanted to match to the wheel wells, back bumper, etc....any ideas of what the matching paint is?

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sport flairs/bumpers are not painted. I would guess they sent you a bumper cover for a limited that would need to be painted body color to match, that is why it is primed. Verify that and see if they will exchange it for a non-painted sport bumper.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's probably for a Limited. If you want to paint it... I'd really suggest to use a body shop to do so. You could probably have it done to match your original paint, with a clear coat, for around $300. I prefer the painted bumpers myself.

I've got a body shop in my family, and I use them on occasion! I've seen what a professional can do, and the paint lasts, and in some cases it's better then the original factory paint.

Good luck and let us know what you do.

jpsutich

Reaction score
thanks...that's what I thought...I will reorder a new bumper cover...anyone know of where I can order online the bumper cover that I need...the ones that I have seen all seem to be primed and need painting. I am looking for the grey sport bumper for a 2002 Lib. that is grey and does not need painting.

jpsutich

Reaction score
also I have a part number that I think is correct-is there a way to verify? The dealer by me didn't want to give out part numbers..so he gave me a number that matches (sort of) what I've seen on the web. Is this for the grey sport bumper that doesn't need priming:

5GJ63HS5AC

](*,)

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per the parts diagram I have 5GJ63HS5AB (sales code of MLC) is a bumper cover the number you have 5GJ63HS5AC is probably the same part, DC keeps changing the letter at the end of part numbers to indicate an updated version, anyway the body colored cover has a part number 5066606AA (sales code MLA) but both are listed as primed

Bob