question for the tire fitment pros

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

myboyblue

Reaction score
So it has come time to change my tires and I'm wanting to change to AT tires from the street tires I have now. The thing is I was looking for 235/65r17 but the tires I want are cheaper in 235/75r17. Question is will the 235/75r17 fit at stock height? I do have a lift to put on, 3" ome hd springs with bilstein shocks, .25" jba plate and jba a-arms. I just have to find time to put the lift on, possibly September time frame. But I might need to replace the tires sooner than that. Thanks in advance.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So it has come time to change my tires and I'm wanting to change to AT tires from the street tires I have now. The thing is I was looking for 235/65r17 but the tires I want are cheaper in 235/75r17. Question is will the 235/75r17 fit at stock height? I do have a lift to put on, 3" ome hd springs with bilstein shocks, .25" jba plate and jba a-arms. I just have to find time to put the lift on, possibly September time frame. But I might need to replace the tires sooner than that. Thanks in advance.

235-65-17 is basically stock size at 29 inches tall
235-75-17 is 31 inches tall and yes will rub stock height and sagged

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

myboyblue

Reaction score
i dont mind looking at wider tires, im just not sure what will fit. i do have a 3" lift i need to install so i know i would get more clearance that way as well.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
i dont mind looking at wider tires, im just not sure what will fit. i do have a 3" lift i need to install so i know i would get more clearance that way as well.

Which is what the answer of the 235-65-17 being 29 inches tall would work
Since that is stock height
Anything taller and you'll need the lift installed first
At that point you can go to a 30-30.5 inch tall tire
width has nothing to do with it really, height is what you want to look at first

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Once you are lifted, look at 245/70/17s. A bit more options in that size, I've run that size with 2 different OME lifts, just minor trimming on the air dam. Never touched the pinchwelds.