Question about power window switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a new owner of an 06 Liberty 4X4 and I am very pleased with it. I bought the Liberty with 14K miles on it. I have driven Mopars my entire life so I am pretty familiar with just about everything on them.

One thing I have noticed though is that the window switches in the console and also the door lock switches on the doors appear to be the Mopar type used on many vehicles and they have a small dot in the middle for a green light. In my Liberty these do not light up even when I have the park lights or headlights turned on. Did Jeep just use this component and not use the light switch feature? Could it be that I have a blown fuse? If it were a blown fuse I would think that the switches would not activate the windows or door locks. All windows and door locks function correctly. The two front window switches marked AUTO do light up though.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 05 on the console the front window switches light up, not the rear switches, the switches on the back side of the console for the rear windows light up. the lock, mirrors etc. do not light

Bob