Question about brakes/ABS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bushleaguer said:
Just to update my previous post - The lettering imprint came out with some liquid clearcoat compound. It took 3 applications, but you can't see it anymore. I gave the area a nice coat of wax for protection and it's all good. So for those who end up with dealership stickers - be patient with the removal.....use a gentle solvent (rubbing alcohol or an orange-based is a good choice) to get the excess adhesive off......and a clearcoat compound to remove the outline.

I still wonder....why do dealerships think they have the right to plaster their advertising on a vehicle you buy? At the very least they should ask (of course it's in their best interest to slap the stickers on and make it a fait accompli situation) for permission.

Glad that the compound worked out! Good idea. I always remove them too... right away. Fortunately my dealers' come right off thanks to the wife's finger nails.

Latest posts

Members online