Quandry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tan's2002kjlimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the "what size tire will fit" debates, along with "pre-lowereed vs. lowered", I'm really confused. My KJ is one of the "pre-lowered. Built 6/01. Now I know that a 245/70/16 will fit without a problem, but I'm wondering if a 245/75/16 would fit under without a problem. I can't seem to find a M/T tire I like in a 70 series. Not knowing the height it started out from the factory, I went out and measured all 4 corners at the center of the rims from the ground to the corner of the wheelwell. front heights are 32.5" and rears are 33.5". IDK if 6 years have sagged them into a "lowered" height or not. If any of you could measure your lowered KJ and get the height for comparison I'd appreciate it.

You must be registered for see images

I really like the looks of the Kumho Road Venture MT!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran 245/75 MT/R's on my pre-lowered KJ for 6 months,I only had slight rub on the foglamp acess door area at full lock.I had them mounted on the stock rims also.But that was over 5 years ago when my suspension was new and not sagging after 6 years of use.You may be okay,or maybe not,you could do a small clevis lift up front to make sure since it's the front that is the biggest problem,or just get OME coils and rancho front struts/rear shocks and be done with it,if you get the mediums you'll only get about 1.5" of lift anyway and a much better ride.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tan...I like the looks of those tires.

How many miles on your 02 KJ? I'm thinking if you have enough miles on your suspension it wouldn't hurt to replace the springs/struts/shocks, and get a 1 1/2" lift while you're at it like tjkj said.

Dave