pulling the motor out and need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ineedabouttreefiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My motor is knocking, and after having it looked at by easily the best chrysler guys in southeast michigan they said its screwed and ill need to have it fixed. I talked to them and it turns out they only work on motors that are already pulled and brought to them and i have absolutely no idea how to pull a motor but i have the material needed and an engine hoist in my barn. i want to know what i need to disconnect and how i should go about doing it, should i take the fenders off and work from there or just disconnect everything attached to the motor and chain fall it out? any help is greatly appreciated

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Would do no good at all to pull the fenders off so forget about that.
If you have never pulled an engine I would say start reading and then get a lot of cans for bolts, label everything you remove, take pictures etc. Its not hard to do but when you go to put the engine back in, it will be nice to have things labeled and photos.

pominajeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled my motor out 3 weeks ago, and replaced with a new one this weekend, so can talk you through it step by step, im in australia, so bit of a time difference, but happy to help however i can. gary

mmc757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a notebook and write down everything you do as you do it. Pics are invaluable but make sure you label them right away before you forget what they are.

Latest posts

Members online