Pullin the curb and, THUD!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello all.

ive noticed something with my libby thats a bit peculiar. ever since i had the rear lower control arm recall installed on my 04 kj ive noticed a slight thud when going up curbs and a certain angle. it first happened the day i brought her home from the shop. at first i thought it was just the new parts and them being new. yes i said new twice.... anyways, its gotten worse (its louder) and is on both sides now.

What is it? and if its been addressed please direct me to the correct thread.

thanks.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe a control arm bolt loosened up? It didn't clunk before the control arms were replaced, right? If they were done in June that's only 3 months ago.

Dave

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the upper Tri-link, mine does the same thing, especially when pulling in and out of the driveway.

Mine also started right after my rear LCAs were done under recall, and the dealership confirmed its probably the upper Tri-link, but that the fact that they just replaced the LCAs is not related to them starting to make noise......