profdlp's 2007 Liberty Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So prof, when are you taking the ride in a lifted Libby? Are you heading west or south. Either way you'll probably be riding in a black KJ, yes?

Bob

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got home from a final exam. One more to go on Thursday afternoon and I AM DONE!

I was planning to attend the graduation ceremony on Sunday, but I found out right before I left for the exam tonight that my dad is back in the hospital. They think it may be another stroke. :icon_sad: If he and my mom can't make it (which looks impossible at this point), I'll probably skip the show. No need to walk if no one is there...

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be there in spirit (only), too. They're still running tests on my dad, but it looks like he'll be there a while. He seems to be doing OK, considering.

Thanks, guys. :)

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also graduated in December and took the "stroll" to get my diploma. Was cool cuz my sister - 4 years younger than me - graduated from the same college the same day. We sat next to each other and walked across the stage - pretty cool for my parents. (Yea, if you do the math it took me 7 1/2 years to get through college, took my sister 3 1/2 years. Look, there were a few years in which I was "distracted"... :emotions33: )

Anyway, if it weren't for graduating with my sister I would have blown the whole thing off and watched the Browns game that day. That was back when Kosar & Co. captured the hearts of N.E. Ohio. You're making the right decision to stay with your dad - he needs you and the piece of paper will be mailed to you and have just as much impact as if a college administrator handed it to you.

Congrats on graduation!

Bob

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
7 1/2 years? You're a speed demon compared to me. :D Good for you for sticking it out. :worthy:

My dad and mom live 400 miles away. I had it arranged for someone to drive them up here Friday and was going to take them back myself next week so I could visit them and the rest of my family down in VA. I'm not getting a lot of news from anyone on the scene which makes me afraid that the news is not good and no one wants me to be distracted during finals week. As for walking, I was pretty much doing it for them to begin with, so it's not a huge disappointment for me personally.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me 7, so close enough ;)

Doesn't matter how long, just matters you did get it. I'd stay with your dad, too. You'll get your paper; taking the stroll is for the family members who are present. If they're not present, no reason to go.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Judging from your avatar, I figure it's a pretty high honor to graduate from Whatsamatta U.

Hoping the best for you dad

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Judging from your avatar, I figure it's a pretty high honor to graduate from Whatsamatta U.
:happy175:

Hoping the best for you dad

Thanks! I just found out he is out of the hospital. They're still trying to find out exactly what's wrong. He is diabetic, has heart trouble, and is 81 years old. At this point they might have more luck trying to find out what's not wrong with him. :freak3:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, guess what? I went ahead and went to graduation anyway and I'm glad I did. It was long, it was sort of boring, but I feel like I put the dot at the end of the sentence for my college days.

Anybody hiring? ;)

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on graduating! Graduating is one of the best accomplishments in my somewhat short time here.

Jeep looks good, green is the best color for sure. I should be eventually lifting mine as well. Its VERY hard not to look at wheels for it, but I know with a lift the options increase significantly.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...Its VERY hard not to look at wheels for it, but I know with a lift the options increase significantly.

When I bought it in May one of the things I was happy about was that the tires looked about 90% new. Now I wish they were on their last legs so I could justify an upgrade. (It was at the point I caught myself thinking like that that I knew I had a bad case of the upgrade disease.)

I'm hoping that the new job (once I get it) allows for a few bucks for the lift. Once that happens, the clock is ticking on the new wheels.

By the way, BDEE, your wheels look nice. What did you do to them? :)

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping that the new job (once I get it) allows for a few bucks for the lift. Once that happens, the clock is ticking on the new wheels.

By the way, BDEE, your wheels look nice. What did you do to them? :)

Yeah I know what you mean on waiting on a new job to finally allow for mods to happen. I was in that boat for the last 4 years.

As far as my wheels go, I had wanted to see what the stock wheels would look like a matte black color, but didn't have the time to pull the wheels and paint them. I basically got on eBay and bought a brand new set of the chrome wheel covers, bought two cans of Plasti-Dip and went to town. I liked the look so I just left it, and overall it's pretty cheap and I can go back silver whenever. They have been "dipped" for 7 months and not even a scratch even after multiple auto car washes.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
If I can't get the lift done by spring I'm going to go the PlastiDip route until the lift becomes possible. If it gets lifted it will be getting new wheels, too. :)