profdlp's 2007 Liberty Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll try and get some tomorrow. I had to come straight back and get to work today. They look good, though. :winner_third_h4h:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Pics, or it didn't happen!
You must be registered for see images
These are not the best, but hopefully you'll get the idea:

You must be registered for see images attach

At the time I took this these tires had fewer than fifteen miles on them. Good old Cleveland weather... :Violin:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Those look great!
I almost got those before my first set of Terras, but they were backordered with no ETA and I couldn't wait.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Those look great!
I almost got those before my first set of Terras, but they were backordered with no ETA and I couldn't wait.
Everyone seemed to be out of them. You'll love this, but mine had to be shipped in from Indiana. :happy175:

I get a slight rub at full lock in reverse on the goofy little piece of plastic hanging down from the front bumper. First nice day and the ol' saw is coming out. ("First nice day" may not be until May, though...)

Last edited:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder why you rub..
I have 31s and I have no rubbing at all, yours look a little smaller than mine though so that might be why
My wheels also push mine out further but still with no rubbing
At least it's only in reverse though!

How tall are they exactly?

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per the tirerack manufacturers info chart, yours are 30.1" tall. Must be that extra .1" that's getting in the way, lol
You can get creative with a heat gun and cold water to push and hold that area forward. Or use tie straps to pull the liner forward, they tend to slop around some. My liners have also done some full lock "self clearancing".

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Everyone seemed to be out of them. You'll love this, but mine had to be shipped in from Indiana. :happy175:

I get a slight rub at full lock in reverse on the goofy little piece of plastic hanging down from the front bumper. First nice day and the ol' saw is coming out. ("First nice day" may not be until May, though...)

I know that exact piece, I cut mine off too. Used either a hack saw (since I'm a hack) or a box cutter.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a nice little tool that looks like a mini one-hand sawzall. I think I can make a nice neat cut and be rid of the problem if I take my time. That might be a few days, since 9F temps are not conducive to taking your time.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I let mine rub for a year or two before it bothered me enough to cut it. Let it warm up, maybe in a few summers get to it. :D I also had to cut the wheel well liners a bit too, I can take some pics if you'd like.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
My wheel well liners look fine - lots of room there. The plastic flap acts like the old baseball card in the bicycle spokes trick. Going forward if barely rubs and you can't hear it. At full lock in reverse it sounds like an un-mufflered outboard motor. :Insane:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just cut the front bumper and don't worry about it :gr_grin:
Makes it look taller and looks way better IMO and helps with rubbing issues

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Today:

• Changed oil. This is the 14th oil change since I bought it with 42,250 miles. I am at 84,226 miles now.
  • Rotated tires. First rotation for my new (in January) General Grabber AT2s. 3,147 miles on them so far.
  • Touched up the Plasti Dip on the rims. I neglected to trim the areas around the lugs when it was first applied and some of it had "caught" on a few of the lug nuts and peeled it. I also had to touch up the new weights from balancing when I got my new tires four months ago. The Plasti Dip has been on there for nearly three years and is otherwise holding up quite well.

I also passed the four year anniversary of its purchase back on May 11, 2013. I have another big milestone coming up soon. Those of you who are good at math can probably figure it out. ;)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today:

• Changed oil. This is the 14th oil change since I bought it with 42,250 miles. I am at 84,226 miles now.
  • Rotated tires. First rotation for my new (in January) General Grabber AT2s. 3,147 miles on them so far.
  • Touched up the Plasti Dip on the rims. I neglected to trim the areas around the lugs when it was first applied and some of it had "caught" on a few of the lug nuts and peeled it. I also had to touch up the new weights from balancing when I got my new tires four months ago. The Plasti Dip has been on there for nearly three years and is otherwise holding up quite well.

I also passed the four year anniversary of its purchase back on May 11, 2013. I have another big milestone coming up soon. Those of you who are good at math can probably figure it out. ;)

Payoff time......yeah baby, the Pig is yours....LOL

Dave

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
[-( I'll wait one more day or one more wrong guess before I give the answer.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...This is the 14th oil change since I bought it with 42,250 miles. I am at 84,226 miles now...

Previous Owner = 42,250 miles
Me = 41,976 miles

At the 84,501 mark (275 miles from now, not including a few I've tacked on since Saturday) I will surpass the previous owner in miles driven. It will be more than half mine mile-wise. :)