profdlp's 2007 Liberty Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool! I've enjoyed mine and it's still working fine. :favorites13:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Not yet. I was expecting to get called in for an interview Monday and decided not to mess around with it beforehand just in case something had a problem. I also need to get an inspection done somewhere and am afraid of throwing a code. Once those things are out of the way I'll give it a shot.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a long story, but I had the second interview last Friday with the President of the company and the Director of IT. It went well. So well, in fact, that the President started to make me a job offer on the spot, then suddenly realized that as a matter of courtesy he probably ought to consult with the others I had spoken with previously. (Director of HR and a Vice President.) He ended the interview by telling me that they would call me on Monday. Monday came and went, then yesterday I get an email from the HR guy saying that one of my references hadn't responded yet, and could I nudge him. I did, and my reference guy promised to do it the same day.

Either they are plodding through the bureaucracy and paperwork as a formality, are very cautious, or they decided they didn't want me after all and are arranging a good excuse to give me for saying no.

I am extremely tired of this stuff, and have been for a good long while. When I got my first computer job the boss called me in after a month and told me that his policy was to either fire the employee or give them a raise after thirty days. (I got the raise.) He said that you couldn't really tell what a person would be like until they were actually in the job and he didn't like to waste time on endless meetings and interviews. I wish more companies were like that today... :emotions34:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
My reference guy came through. The HR guy sent me an email Thursday saying that "I expect to have some good news for you, hopefully, by tomorrow… By Monday, at the latest." I didn't hear anything yesterday so now I'm sitting around biting my nails and waiting for Monday.

Just to catch up on a few more maintenance items and odds and ends done recently:

Power Steering Fluid - Hillbilly Flush
Transfer Case Fluid - Changed with ATF +4
PCV Valve - Replaced
Cleaned Throttle Body with over-the-counter stuff. Going for the Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner soon.

I also added paracord wrap to the front and rear grab handles plus the passenger side panic bar.

Touched up the paint in some extremely small areas with minor chips.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this job back home or will you still be required to service old Virginia?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
It's here in Northern VA. I would rather be elsewhere, but most of all I'd rather be employed.

Last edited:

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will have to grab some pics of the paracord wrap , maybe post some insight on how you did it. I've been considering it for a while, but was unsure how to secure the paracord.

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You will have to grab some pics of the paracord wrap , maybe post some insight on how you did it. I've been considering it for a while, but was unsure how to secure the paracord.

Look in the How To section. I posted it last night. I also have a How To on the oddball PCV valve on mine. Since yours is so close to mine I'd be curious about which type you have, it seems that the 07s can vary.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this job back home or will you still be required to service old Virginia?
It's here in Northern VA. I would rather be elsewhere, but most of all I'd rather be employed.
As an update, I put in a year at the office in Northern VA, then they offered me the option to work from home. If I have a computer and an Internet connection I can work from anywhere, so a month ago I moved back to NE Ohio. My standard work clothes are now sweat pants, a T-Shirt, and flip-flops. My commute is a short walk from the living room to the spare bedroom which serves as my office.

Yeah, I like this. :D

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Since it has been a year, here is a quick synopsis of stuff I've done since May of 2015:

• 67,978 - New Fram Air Filter
  • 72,333 – A/C Compressor and Low Pressure Switch Replaced
  • 64,845 – Oil Change Full Synthetic 5W30 Castrol GTX, Filter
  • 67,978 – Oil Change Full Synthetic 5W30 Valvoline, Mopar Filter
  • 71,356 – Oil Change Full Synthetic 5W30 Valvoline, Mopar Filter
  • 74,318 – Oil Change Full Synthetic 5W30 Valvoline, Mopar Filter
  • 67,367 - Tire Rotation
  • 74,774 - Tire Rotation
  • 67,367 – Wheel Alignment

I also replaced the factory radio with a DVD/mp3/CD radio, plus four component speakers. I had trouble with the speakers off and on for months and they were finally replaced a couple months ago and now work fine. I also added a powered subwoofer at the time I replaced the speakers. It fits under the nearly-useless-otherwise space under the rear seat on the driver's side and it makes a big difference.

A couple days ago I bought a barely-used rear cargo hatch cover (OEM) which conceals my big bag of tools, etc., back there.

I had a little 9" AntennaX stubby AM/FM antenna which worked fine until I got back here to Ohio. I replaced it with a 14" antenna which is no better. I think I have some corrosion in the threads where it screws in so I plan to get my rifle cleaning kit and clean it up. Hope it helps.

I need to do brakes soon, because I get some pulsing, particularly when slowing from a high speed.

I keep saving for a lift, but every time I am getting close I have a disaster. (Usually my fiance's car...that thing has stuff breaking on it right and left - and front and back and up and down. Radiator, tires, ball-joints, shocks, it goes on and on.) If I can get a few more bucks stashed away I am going to go ahead and order the lift even if I have to charge part of it. (I hate having a credit card balance, since it's a great way to go broke.) I am HOPING to have it done by the end of the summer. I've noticed a distinct difference in the ride over the past six to nine months.

My roof rack has been a great buy. Yeah, I know I got the BIG one, but I've done enough camping in the last year to appreciate being able to just strap the stuff up on top and go without having to play Jenga trying to fit it all inside.

My windshield took a rock on the road last winter and it was repaired via the resin method. It was a decent job, but I still have a little sphincter visible. Hopefully, a brutal Ohio winter will cause it to expand and I can have the insurance company replace the whole thing. It's six-to-one, half-dozen to the other, since my experience with windshield replacement is that they sometimes leak afterward. Ho-hum.

I just turned over 76,000 miles, which means that 45% of the total miles have been put on there by me. When I hit 84,501 miles it will be mostly mine.

I drove out to the mountains every single weekend from last July through February to go hiking. My Jeep did a great job getting me up and down the Blue Ridge Mountains.

More later as I remember things. :)

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you're ready to do that lift keep us posted - I'm 45 minutes away and would be happy to give you a hand :waytogo:

Bob

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Big things are in the works. Big things.

The gears are turning, and I'm not talking differential. :secret:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going for the Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds look. I'm already about 1/3 of the way done. :sawzall:

Actually, I'm getting ready to order the parts and FINALLY get the old girl lifted. No fooling, as in, my goal is to buy the parts ASAP. I'm going to start a thread on the subject later today and order things as soon as the fighting dies down. (Or within the next couple of days, whichever comes first.)

You heard it here first. :D

Members online

No members online now.