Problem with traction control.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ioniamichael

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm experiencing some problem.
When I approach with the vehicle for a small cross, and lift only one wheel in the air, the traction control works great and takes me out of the cross.
But, when I approach a slightly more serious cross, for example when the vehicle lifts 2 wheels in the air, the traction control tries to work for a few seconds and then the following lamps come on: ABS, ASP/BAS and ESP.

The traction stop working and the lights keep on until I turn off the vehicle and turn it back on.

Do you think this is one of the abs sensors? And is there a way to test it without connecting to a computer?

Jeep liberty 2006 3.7

ioniamichael

Reaction score
BTW, I checked the wheen speed sensors wires, they looks good and not cutted .

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm experiencing some problem.
When I approach with the vehicle for a small cross, and lift only one wheel in the air, the traction control works great and takes me out of the cross.
But, when I approach a slightly more serious cross, for example when the vehicle lifts 2 wheels in the air, the traction control tries to work for a few seconds and then the following lamps come on: ABS, ASP/BAS and ESP.

The traction stop working and the lights keep on until I turn off the vehicle and turn it back on.

Do you think this is one of the abs sensors? And is there a way to test it without connecting to a computer?

Jeep liberty 2006 3.7
Virtually no way to do this without a scan tool that has live data.

You want to read the codes when the abs/traction control flips out. If there are none, and you can replicate the issue, you'd want to capture the data from each abs sensor during the lift.

Although those wires may look good, these jeeps are old and are known for intermittent electrical gremlins.

My 06 would set the abs light and i could feel the abs unit growl. Computer thought i was in a skid and would actually cut throttle while going up hill, foot on the throttle.

Turned out to be the right front wheel bearing needed replaced. The tone wheel had been damaged / chipped somehow.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Check your brakes too. I chased a similar issue in this circuit for months and it turned out a caliper was hanging at random.

Latest posts

Members online