Problem with Streering Wheel Lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwmir

Reaction score
Hi. I have a problem which I want some help with. I have a 2003 Liberty Sport and lately I noticedthat whenever I lock the steering wheel I have trouble in unloacking it. The key does not turn even if I try to move the steering wheel. This happened a while back but yesterday it happened more than once. What does that mean? Would I have to change the ignition where I slide the key in or what? What's the problem? Any pointers and help regarding this issue would be appreciated. In order to avoid this situation now I have to leave the steering wheel unlocked something I do not like to do as my Jeep is parked on the street and I do not have any after market locking device like the club.

Thank you.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So youre locking the steering wheel by turning it with key out?

If so, then youve got to remove the pressure on the lock before trying to turn the key. This means you need to turn the wheel so the lock isnt holding it anymore.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.