Problem with my right headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mason Methot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've looked around on the internet for some answers but am still confused.

The other day while driving at night I noticed the right bulb was out. So i thought I just needed to replace a burnt bulb. But then during the day I walked in front of my Jeep while it was running and both day running lights were working just fine. Turned it to parking lights, still worked, then on low beam the right light turned off. And on high beams both worked once again.

What's the cause of ONLY the low beam working yet daylight and high beam works. (All the same bulb of course)

TIA

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So assuming the filament is ok on the low (which could freakishly happen) I believe there is separate fuses for low/high beam. Check those first. What year is the Jeep?

Mason Methot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So assuming the filament is ok on the low (which could freakishly happen) I believe there is separate fuses for low/high beam. Check those first. What year is the Jeep?

It's an '07. It might very well be a fuse cause I'm pretty sure the bulbs are less than 5 years old ( I think) which should be less than what their lifetime is rated, no? They were installed properly too.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have the wiring diagram for the 2007 KJ but the 2006 diagram shows fuses 4 and 5 (10 A) on the panel inside the cabin are responsible for Low Beam....one for the Left and the other for the Right.

Latest posts

Members online