Problem with light bar -- FIXED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm posting this with hopes it might help someone else at some point.

My light bar hasn't been working for the past few weeks. Today I decided to look into it to figure it out.
The light in the switch was on, the 'power on' light would come on, and I actually had 12v at the harness inside the light bar shroud and to all the lights. All fuses were fine.
I couldn't figure it out.
I searched on the boards and found some install instructions and noticed the is also a relay in the motor compartment and a fuse which I didn't know of.
Checked the fuse (25A), it was fine. Tried to pull the relay from the harness but it was really tight...or stuck and when it finally came out, all the pins were lightly corroded. Plugged it back in and TADA! lights came on. I cleaned it out and applied some dielectric grease. Everything works great.

I hope this helps you out....yes....YOU!

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fuse and relay are bolted together up against the firewall just left of the brake booster.
Not in the fuse box in front of the battery. There's a 30A fuse in the fuse box labelled Light Bar but it was fine.

Latest posts

Members online