Pretty bad oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Problem solved, loose oil filter...

And I'm a *******. Gave me an excuse to finally change the oil though...it had been 11,000 miles. ;)

11k miles, for regular oil? Wow... Synthetic, sure, just change the filter every 6k miles. Syn lasts up to 48k or more miles though... It's been proven.

Also? One time I got my oil changed at one of those QuickLube places, was in a bind, and was winter (they're still in business). At the time, I had a 1987 Plymouth Sundance, 4Cly, oil filter on passenger side, practically shoots straight forward. They get done, tell me the start the car up, so I do. Then I hear, SHUT IT OFF!!! SHUT IT OFF!!! The idiot forgot, FORGOT, FOR-GOT to put the oil filter ON, period... They didn't even bother to clean the mess up either, all over the rad and stuff... NEVER went there again.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
11k miles, for regular oil? Wow... Synthetic, sure, just change the filter every 6k miles. Syn lasts up to 48k or more miles though... It's been proven.

Also? One time I got my oil changed at one of those QuickLube places, was in a bind, and was winter (they're still in business). At the time, I had a 1987 Plymouth Sundance, 4Cly, oil filter on passenger side, practically shoots straight forward. They get done, tell me the start the car up, so I do. Then I hear, SHUT IT OFF!!! SHUT IT OFF!!! The idiot forgot, FORGOT, FOR-GOT to put the oil filter ON, period... They didn't even bother to clean the mess up either, all over the rad and stuff... NEVER went there again.

Yeah that's part of the reason I never got around to changing it all winter...My garage is full of boxes because we just moved in, so I can't do it there and I absolutely refuse to go to a Quik-Change style place or have the stealer change my oil. I'd rather not do it at all. Yeah, I'm mental. I know.

Call it a testament to regular old Castrol GTX that I didn't blow her up yet. Anyway, fresh oil and Napa Gold filter. I'm good for now and leak free. Keep an eye on those filters guys!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online