pressure brake bleeding thing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know what exactly they are called, but i want to order one of those pressurized brake bleeder jug things that hold the fluid, screws onto the master cylinder, then allows me to just loosen the bleeder plugs on the wheel cylinders until fresh fluid runs out. know what i mean?

can anyone give a link i can order from?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe this will work.

Motive Products 00251
Import Power Bleeder
Power Bleeders
Item# 715-00251
Ships Tomorrow
Only $71.99

Motive Products 00250
Power Bleeder Pro
Power Bleeders
Item# 715-00250
Ships Tomorrow
Only $89.99

Motive Products 00252
American Power Bleeder
Power Bleeders
Item# 715-00252
Ships Tomorrow
Only $79.99

These are from JEG'S

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this will work.

Motive Products 00251
Import Power Bleeder
Power Bleeders
Item# 715-00251
Ships Tomorrow
Only $71.99

Motive Products 00250
Power Bleeder Pro
Power Bleeders
Item# 715-00250
Ships Tomorrow
Only $89.99

Motive Products 00252
American Power Bleeder
Power Bleeders
Item# 715-00252
Ships Tomorrow
Only $79.99

These are from JEG'S
Just to let you know they don't really work very well,wasted $60 on one.If you want a good pressure bleeder that actually works check out the link below.There pricey for the better kits but actually work and work very well.

http://www.brakebleeder.com/

brucebotti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know what exactly they are called, but i want to order one of those pressurized brake bleeder jug things that hold the fluid, screws onto the master cylinder, then allows me to just loosen the bleeder plugs on the wheel cylinders until fresh fluid runs out. know what i mean?

can anyone give a link i can order from?

I bought one of the Motive Power Bleeders with the adapters to fit all my vehicles. I have not used it on the Libby, but it worked great on my wife's 300M and my Mustang. You don't need an external air supply. It has a hand pump built in. You do need a lot of fluid and you do need to be careful as paint doesn't like brake fluid, but it works as advertised.
Bruce

bouwerge

Reaction score
I always use this $ 8,- tube with a valve.

You must be registered for see images

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to let you know they don't really work very well,wasted $60 on one.If you want a good pressure bleeder that actually works check out the link below.There pricey for the better kits but actually work and work very well.

http://www.brakebleeder.com/

thanks man! so which one do you have? im thinking ill get either the home use version or the moderate use version. seems like a better way to do it. i too always wondered if all the air really got pushed out of the system because air rises in fluid.

which do you recommend and why? i figure the home version since its all the same design, but i do like the top end one, but too much $ reckon the price diff is in the quality of parts used in the pump?

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always use this $ 8,- tube with a valve.

I've used one of those, they work good, you get tired legs after pumping the pedal and getting in and out to top off the reservoir, but they work!

I bought a cheap hand pump bleeder from Harbor Freight a few years back and still use it, works great, i usually empty the master cylinder with it by putting the hose down into it and pumping it out into a container, then top off the master cylinder with fresh fluid, put the hose from the hand pump on the bleeder screw at the brake your working and the output hose from the pump into an old pop bottle or container and crack the bleeder screw, pump until you get out all the air and see clean fluid, usually about 10-15 pumps, then close bleeder screw and top off reservoir and move to the next.

And dont forget start with the farthest wheel and work closer, so back right, back left, front right, front left.

Last time i did this on our minivan i worked my way around replacing the brakes and pumping through fresh fluid until all four corners were new rotors and pads and fresh fluid throughout. Took maybe a couple hours with breaks to get a drink and such.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks man! so which one do you have? im thinking ill get either the home use version or the moderate use version. seems like a better way to do it. i too always wondered if all the air really got pushed out of the system because air rises in fluid.

which do you recommend and why? i figure the home version since its all the same design, but i do like the top end one, but too much $ reckon the price diff is in the quality of parts used in the pump?
I use the MaxPro 205 Pro at work,though I use more then you would.Works great for those very stubborn Ford Ranger clutch master cylinders.

Cheaper prices here............
http://www.tooltopia.com/phoenix-systems-maxpro-205.aspx

Last edited:

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tjkj, have you come across problems with the vacuum style bleeders or do you believe reverse bleeding is much better for flushing the old fluid with new stuff for home use?

I have never seen the reverse bleeder before and boy is it a nifty idea.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tjkj, have you come across problems with the vacuum style bleeders or do you believe reverse bleeding is much better for flushing the old fluid with new stuff for home use?

I have never seen the reverse bleeder before and boy is it a nifty idea.
Always had issues with newer GM's('07+) with vacuum bleeders,sucked having to pay to have them towed to a GM dealership so they can do the auto bleed which requires the TechII.No issues anymore,still use the vacuum to flush the brake fluid but if air gets into that ABS pump I can push it out easily now with no trip to the dealership.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always had issues with newer GM's('07+) with vacuum bleeders,sucked having to pay to have them towed to a GM dealership so they can do the auto bleed which requires the TechII.No issues anymore,still use the vacuum to flush the brake fluid but if air gets into that ABS pump I can push it out easily now with no trip to the dealership.

Gotcha. Thank you for the info.

|V3nom|

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i tried the pheonix system and i had a hard time getting it to work right. actually i couldnt get it to work. it kept putting air in the line no matter what i did. you could see air in the line when i was pumping the fluid into the caliper.

i got the motive afterwards and it works like a charm. definitely easier than lying on the ground pumping then having to go back and check the reservoir to make sure you dont overfill it.

im lazy and like the easiest way to do things (other than paying someone else to do it) and the motive system is by far THE EASIEST way to bleed brakes bar none.

jinstall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I combine this with Speed Bleeders and it makes the job very easy. This mkaes quick work of swapping fluid at the track as well.