Pre-lowered explaination

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so I don't really understand the "pre-lowered" thing.

I do understand the supposed reasons for it (tippy, tippy, and all that)

What I am wonering is, How exactly is it done? Are they diffenret springs, different cleavis angle?

The reason I am asking is that, do to various factors, my lift project may need to be posponed. But I still need new shocks-spings and new tires. If I just replace my springs/shocks with OEM parts for a '04 Sport will I be sitting at "normal" height or "pre-lowered" height?

What are my options for other suspension parts.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Pre-lowered applied in 2002,after that all the same. Bet you can find OME springs,etc. for about the same as oem.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't make the "prelowered" springs anymore. If you order springs for an 02 they will send you the same as all the other years.. prelowered really has no meaning now since 8 year old springs are well sagged to lower than the newer years. And stay away from spacer lifts! Get OME springs and shocks and feel the difference. Its huge. And they will last much longer than OEM. I'm sure lift guru mudd will chime in hes been lifted with OME for a very long time. cant remember exact miles.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't make the "prelowered" springs anymore. If you order springs for an 02 they will send you the same as all the other years.. prelowered really has no meaning now since 8 year old springs are well sagged to lower than the newer years. And stay away from spacer lifts! Get OME springs and shocks and feel the difference. Its huge. And they will last much longer than OEM. I'm sure lift guru mudd will chime in hes been lifted with OME for a very long time. cant remember exact miles.

Roger that, If I lift, my plan is going to an OME/Bilstein set-up. As ridenby mentioned, the OE replacements fun almost as much as a OME lift, so I'm just weighing the options. I'd like to get enough lift to run 245/75-16s so I can get some real grip

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
if you shop around you can get an OME/Bilstein lift for about $650. also keep an eye on the forum classifieds section. on lostjeeps there was a post made last night for front OME springs.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
IIRC, the post on LOST was for medium duty OME's... equivalent to stock strength.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just for reference
Light OME 925s are 350 lb
stock 325 or so depending on options/ model vary a small amount
Medium Duty OME 926s are 375 lb
Heavy Duty OME 927s are 400 lb
OEM CRD are 410
OME CRD 790s are 500

Latest posts

Members online