power windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to hijack the other power windows thread, but I wondered, on my kj the windows rise up very slowly, and the motor makes quite a strained noise.

Is this common to all the KJs, or something for the dealership to look at?

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put some WD-40 or some oil in the rubbers where the window slides up. The noise you are hearing is the power window belt slipping on the gear. I had mine replaced twice, at least its no more noise now, I only had it fixed because I didn't want to be stuck somewhere with the window down when it was raining/snowing.

The oil should help them work a little better though. Good luck.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't there something better than wd40 as you wouldn't want oil all over?

I mean even a little bit and you would have it on the window, wouldn't you?

Dave

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess there could be something better. That is what I use on mine, without any major problem. I just use some trigger control and send it pretty light out through the little red nozzle. I usually roll down the window, then squirt it in the front and rear track, then take the window up and down a few times. After I am done, I usually give it a quick cleaning, on the inside, and its all set. Really where the oil is, you will never see anyway, due to it being covered by the rubber track. I suppose if you were concerned about spraying all over, you could use some 3 in 1 oil, or some other light oil. It doesn't take much.

Tim

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tracks should be greased with white Lithium grease, that's most likely what they already use on them.

Mine go up and down fast, but my driver's front makes a pop just as it reaches the top, and when going down, it hits bottom harder than the other 3 also...not sure what's up with it.

dnm45227

Reaction score
thecause17 said:
my driver's front makes a pop just as it reaches the top, and when going down, it hits bottom harder than the other 3 also...not sure what's up with it.

our renegade does the same thing, maybe it's normal?

Latest posts

Members online