Power Window Regulator Problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

feetwet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been having window problems requiring replacement of the regulator assembly?

Issue # 1 - window tilt & jam
I'm now on my second front window with a problem where the window "tilts forward" and jams while being rolled up. The driver window on my 06 Libby had this problem about 6 months ago, and now the passenger window has this problem.

Issue #2 - auto-down feature sporadic
Also, on my "good" window on the driver side the "auto down" feature doesn't always work. At first I thought it was just due to a dirty window, as it helped to clean the window.. but has since re-occurred on a clean window.

richre1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
feetwet your problem sounds like the window tiling is it being off the track, the only way to fix that is to remove the inner door panel and replace the track sometimes they can get dry or stretched or just plain damaged. the sporadic autodown could be a lazy motor or bad connection at the button

feetwet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks... does the TSB affect the back windows too? I have an appointment next Friday to do it under warranty.

Erzebet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the same problem on my '06 Renegade....first the driver's window at 3 months, now the second row driver's side (at 6 months)....which is scheduled to be fixed at week's end. What a pain in the butt...

2003KJ

Reaction score
Havent had the chance to look yet, but are the regulator units separate from the motor units on our windows? I know the last generation XJ's were known for their less than par regulators, and when they let go, you couldn't replace just the regulator...as it was in one big unit with the motor as well (and cost about $200 a pop).

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Havent had the chance to look yet, but are the regulator units separate from the motor units on our windows? I know the last generation XJ's were known for their less than par regulators, and when they let go, you couldn't replace just the regulator...as it was in one big unit with the motor as well (and cost about $200 a pop).

The regulator I bought for my 03 is motor, regulator and all in one unit and it was expensive. Mine failed about 120 miles out of the 3/36 warranty.

2003KJ

Reaction score
The regulator I bought for my 03 is motor, regulator and all in one unit and it was expensive. Mine failed about 120 miles out of the 3/36 warranty.

Dont tell me that! I've got some nice popping coming out of my passenger front one....so I suppose its any day now...

dnm45227

Reaction score
i don't know. our renegade drivers window sounds really loud (least to me), when it rolls all the way down. it's done it since we bought it, so hopefully it's just a normal "jeep thing".