power steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does the reservoir ever need to be bled on this thing? I dont think I have air, I am more interested in a fluid flush.

havent looked at this one, anyone done this and care to share some tips? need some help as to what I should be looking for and doing to get fresh fluid in this bad boy

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use a turkey baster, small pump, etc to suck the fluid out of the reservoir. You wont get much out at all(~1/4quart) so what I did was suck it out and fill it up, then start it and run the wheel lock to lock, and repeat 4-5 times. :)

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use a turkey baster, small pump, etc to suck the fluid out of the reservoir. You wont get much out at all(~1/4quart) so what I did was suck it out and fill it up, then start it and run the wheel lock to lock, and repeat 4-5 times. :)

Ditto. Worked for me.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, I've done it this way on a different vehicle but havn't done the KJ yet. This works good. It takes atf+4

Dave

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn alright, I was hoping there was actually a purge/bleed valve so I could cycle everything through like ive done on others.

I thought you shouldnt use atf+4 on this?

Ill go buy a turkey thing, thanks