Power Steering Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neven

Reaction score
So I recently checked in my 03 into the shop thinking it was a bad Rack and Pinion. I was pretty mad considering the amount of money I was about to waste. The PS fluid looked like it was leaking from the rubber boot. Get a call back the next day from the shop saying it was a Power Steering Switch (or pressure switch). They replaced it, it's still leaking but probably about 10% of what it was before. Anyone know if this could be the hoses now, or if the installation of the new part could've gone partly wrong? The job cost a little over $100 for the switch, as oppose to probably 700-1000 for the rack and pinion. Anyone have a shop do this and still have it leak? Wondering if they're trying to milk me in the long run.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pretty common for the pressure line to leak on KJ's,OE or aftermarket they all don't last very long before leaking.

Oh and by the way that pressure switch is sealed with a 20 cent o-ring which can be replaced on it's own,no need to buy a new switch.

You can also delete that pressure switch all together buy installing a newer KJ's PS pressure line without the sensor port.Then just cut off the connector and connect both wires together.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pretty common for the pressure line to leak on KJ's,OE or aftermarket they all don't last very long before leaking.

Oh and by the way that pressure switch is sealed with a 20 cent o-ring which can be replaced on it's own,no need to buy a new switch.

You can also delete that pressure switch all together buy installing a newer KJ's PS pressure line without the sensor port.Then just cut off the connector and connect both wires together.

You got me thinking...

Thanks for this...!

CALIKJ

Reaction score
hey guys don't know if I'm in the right posts or not . I'm new here. I have a 2002 jeep liberty sport 4x4 3.7 V6 I am having that same exact problem where I've had my Power Steering Pressure Sensor replaced twice already and it still leaks. Feel like giving up on this jeep. Anyone have a fix or a part number where i can purchase one of great quality. Also is it a messy job to do myself if i change it out?? anything helps thanks guys

Latest posts

Members online