Post Your KJ in Snow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradford2nd

Reaction score
That picture dosen't really do the steepness any justice. I took that standing on my front porch looking dowin on it. I am sure there are alot of guys here that have tackled alot more aggressive snow than that, but being new to the jeep, I am sure I really didn't put alot of effort into it. It snowed about 2 inches then on top of that was about a half inch of ice. So it is pretty crazy.. I will try more tomorrow I guess.. lol

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
good luck. use 4lo getting out, backing out is much easier, be careful.

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had fun going home after work. Just kept it in 4-hi 1st or 2nd gear and ******-braked when I needed to. The interstates where all closed, so I had to stay on city street. I even got to tug out an ambulance that got stuck making a turn. I hooked them up and pulled them backwards about 10 feet, then they were fine.

I is barely slowing now, but total at my house is about 18 inches. I live in a pretty hilly area. Some guy trying to come up the hill I live on shattered his front diff somehow (I think). he was in a mid-90s Chevy pickup. He was trying to get up the hill but all 4 were spinning then a crazy clank-bang sound and the front axle stopped spinning.

****** part is we spent the next 20 minutes shovling behind his truck so a tow could get there and then a plow finally decided to come and put a 3 foot wall of snow behind him. hehe

psukydd

Reaction score
Gris, awesome pic. I am at school up in Seneca Falls, NY and we got hit by the same storm. Finally, I get to drive the lib around in a significant amount of snow. Even though it's a stock 04 Renegade with some pretty worn tires it did great. .Here is a picture of mine in a huge unplowed parking lot by school.

You must be registered for see images

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What school is in Seneca Falls?? (I'm thinking college, unless of course you mean high school...)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
psukydd said:
Gris, awesome pic. I am at school up in Seneca Falls, NY and we got hit by the same storm. Finally, I get to drive the lib around in a significant amount of snow. Even though it's a stock 04 Renegade with some pretty worn tires it did great. .Here is a picture of mine in a huge unplowed parking lot by school.

Sweetness! I'd like to say I did the same yesterday with the KJ, but the drifts down my street were only 2.5'. I was driving with a lead foot. (biggrin)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
psukydd said:

Hmm, great. I just linked my sister and told her "Sadly, you would STILL have to go to work!" lol3.gif

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
psukydd said:

Hmm, great. I just linked my sister and told her "Sadly, you would STILL have to go to work!" lol3.gif

So true... not much excuse for not going to work with a Jeep... (lol)

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of my daily drivers in the snow today.

You must be registered for see images attach

psukydd

Reaction score
SRotblat said:
What school is in Seneca Falls?? (I'm thinking college, unless of course you mean high school...)

I am currently attending medical school at New York Chiropractic College. Yeah, it was a freaking blast out there. I parted out a 93 wrangler this past summer after I was T-boned and really thought about another wrangler as I am only about 1.5 hours from Paragon AP when I'm in PA. I just couldn't pass up this Liberty and can't wait to do a small lift in the future and some MTRs. It wont be my wrangler on 35s but the comfort factor and the fact I can take 4 of my friends along to scare the shit out of them makes it well worth it to me! \:D/

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm dyslexic and it's a JK not KJ.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booooooo!

Just kidding :) Great ride! looks nice. Hello puppy! :)

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
psukydd said:
SRotblat said:

I am currently attending medical school at New York Chiropractic College. Yeah, it was a freaking blast out there. I parted out a 93 wrangler this past summer after I was T-boned and really thought about another wrangler as I am only about 1.5 hours from Paragon AP when I'm in PA. I just couldn't pass up this Liberty and can't wait to do a small lift in the future and some MTRs. It wont be my wrangler on 35s but the comfort factor and the fact I can take 4 of my friends along to scare the shit out of them makes it well worth it to me! \:D/

Cool, didn't know there was a chiropractic college there. I'm over in Weedsport/Syracuse BTW, been good snow out here though I've not had the time to take any pictures.

Renegade Flex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went upstate (NY) snowboarding in the Adirondacks... they had about 24-30 inches of powder. Needless to say it was an aswesome day of shredding \:D/

Saw this at the gas station, thought it was kinda funny

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics. I have volunteer service for NHS next weekend, but I want to get up to northern AZ so bad to find some snow....

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got a lot of snow here this year.

Needless to say I drive in 4x4 a lot.

Stuck in snow.

Hauntedyards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe how much snow you guys have... I probably live further north than 95% of the people here and I have grass on my lawn right now... There is almost NO snow at all.... the bloody lake is keeping us warm or something...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...=&address=&city=Thunder+Bay&state=ON&zipcode=

The snowmobilers must be very depressed this year! Sadly this means it's going to be a summer of forest fires no doubt!

Check the live cam (probably during the day would give you a better idea...) it's been like this all bloody winter!

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/features/camweather/displaycams.htm?CMON0022