Please ID this BullBar, custom Fab or retail?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washers go inside of frame where nut, lock washer and regular washer go. I used as big of washer as I could fit in there instead of using a steel plate as mentioned above. I can vouch for the strength as I have been pulled out and pulled someone else out using these recovery points. And I guess you could add washers to where the bolt inserts into the hitch but the head on it is big enough not to go through the hole. Also remove front bumper to find the two black caps that pop off that is where you will find access to place nut on bolt and what not.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to have a steel plate inside frame rail. You can as added security I guess but I didn't do it and mine are holding just fine. And I actually have used them several times as stated above.

davidski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the bolt fits the threads of the 2 holes from where the hooks would be? and you just add strength by washers and a nut inside? or are the 2 holes from the towhook just plain and dont have threads?

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct they are not threaded. Hence the nut and lock washer. I think you may be over thinkin this a little I know it may seem like a big tast but once you get all the prep done drilling holes and what not it goes pretty quick.

davidski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my jeep has been in the shop all week too... so i dont have anything to crawl under and check out, lol hence all the questions.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forget the length, I went to the hardware store with my Jeep and the hitch went inside grabbed some bolts to test fit. I know the people at the hardware store well so they let me take the bolts outside to see what would work.

davidski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok... the original link you sent me had the guy putting 3"-3.5" depending on washer. ill start with those!