plasti dip on wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

*BabyGirlJJ*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have plasti-dipped my wheels about 1 1/2 months ago... It has held up very nicely! I would prefer it to paint as you can peel it off if you ever wish to go back to your original wheels... I have before, during and after on my wheels in the album :) Easy fun project!!!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would sanding make it more difficult to peel? Considering you don't want it to peel, unless it does not peel by itself due to heat/cold.. Especially on wheels.

*BabyGirlJJ*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would sanding make it more difficult to peel? Considering you don't want it to peel, unless it does not peel by itself due to heat/cold.. Especially on wheels.

I 'scored' my wheels before I used the plasti-dip (makes it adhere better)
No it does not peel by itself... I have had some issues with my caliper and rotor on one side to where the rotor was GLOWING red hot... It did not even peel the plasti dip away and there were no hints as to it happening going forward. It can with stand heat and cold very well!!!