Pictures of 02-04 cut or trimmed bumpers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of cut or trimmed 02-04 bumpers?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
it's not my KJ but here is one

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I want to do but Idk where to start or what to even use to cut.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^Damn that's slick.

Side note, if you're bored/curious enough you can look back through the what did you do to your jeep today thread and find plenty of them.. pretty sure I remember seeing a couple that Tom put up of his rear bumper as well IIRC

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mock it up where you want to cut with masking tape so you can create the edge you want/change it around to find what you're lookin for..
Then use a cutoff wheel at a moderately low/medium speed and deburr the edge after you cut it
Remember to take into consideration where you'll want to cut your wheel liner, or remove it.
Because if you cut the bottom off the bumper you'll create an opening at the bottom of the wheel liner, thus defeating the purpose of it.
And if you want to remove it altogether, take into consideration that it holds your flares on tightly with plastic rivets.

You could cut just the bumper, and leave the wheel liner long, and fold it under the newly cut bumper and drill holes between the two, install some pom rivets to hold it where you want, and trim off the excess.
Them you'd keep the wheel liner, keep your flares attached well, and get the look you're going for

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to use a Utility knife on my 05, it cuts like butter and you can adjust your speed so you don't mess up at all
I marked mine with a dry erase marker so I could easily wipe it off once I was finished and then used a palm sander to clean it all up
There are numerous ways to achieve a clean cut, whether it be a knife, dremel, drywall cutter, etc you'll still get a nice clean cut if you take your time
It's a very easy mod and makes the front "look" probably 1"-2" higher at least depending on how much is cut off and also gets rid of all of the never ending useless plastic on these vehicles

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wow! I like the look. Now you have me tempted to do mine. Is there another post about this modification with more pictures?

dhula

Reaction score
I got distracted by what's hanging from the inside rear view mirror for a second or two thinking it was a G-******.

Gota agree tho, bar looks good.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't cut any higher than what the silver one is, its right at frame level there . I've done a lot of them, I keep cutting pieces from the 03 I am running now as my DD
Then when you get that done, you can do a Mudd- Cut on the rear bumper

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

Really good job, Tog.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Since I didn't know what to do with the 03 I started out cutting this much out at first, but way more gone now . Guess I need some new pictures :Insane:
I hid my license plate for the Facebookers since they worry about that kind of thing :happy175:

todays look

Last edited: