Pet hair removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobKlinky

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a question. Anybody have a quick/easy way to remove dog hair from interior upholstery? I've tried the sticky tape rollers and vacuumed until the motor was cherry hot without much success.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Sticky tape rollers load up fast. I've used duct tape. It's a game of patience.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Sticky tape rollers load up fast. I've used duct tape. It's a game of patience.
I second the duct tape. As for the patience, just make yourself a deal: You'll work on it for a little while, then be satisfied that it's better than it was before and stop. A few rounds like that and you'll eventually get it.

Of course, there are always seat covers... :happy175:

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A detailing trick I learned is to wear a rubber/latex glove and rub the fur/hair to one side. It will help pull it from the upholstery and allow it to be vacuumed up. Sometimes you need to try a couple directions as some directions work better than others. It takes a little bit more effort and patience for carpet than the seats.

LiberTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A detailing trick I learned is to wear a rubber/latex glove and rub the fur/hair to one side.

i've read this too. haven't tried it though. how about lint rollers?

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya
1-elbow grease (using the skinny attachment vigorously side to side, up and down, diagonally, circular etc.etc.)
2-Time
3- and then I tried this:

Hoover® Rubberized Pet Turbo Tool

It came with the hoover windtunnel when we bought it. It helped a bit, but still had do use all other methods. And then I discovered by restricting the opening by an eighth to a third, it made that **** spin like a sob so it would stall out way less.

Good luck

Bert

bendix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For carpet and old credit card rubbed against the fibers over and over can allow you to collect it when a vacuum won't work.

Latest posts

Members online