Patriot Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love a good, un-biased review. I bet Car and driver would of gotten stuck, said the engine sounded like a blender, and flipped it a minimum of 50 times. :rolleyes::D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love a good, un-biased review. I bet Car and driver would of gotten stuck, said the engine sounded like a blender, and flipped it a minimum of 50 times. :rolleyes::D

.......and Consumer Reports wouldn't even have to drive it to give it a bad review.

Dave

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Don't read the February issue of Car and Driver. After reading their small-SUV comparison, its pretty apparent who pays their bills...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol were not bitter lol

Not at all.........it's just the truth. Look what they did with the suzuki samurai and the outcome of the court battle......and how they got only 11 mpg with the kj crd.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't read the February issue of Car and Driver. After reading their small-SUV comparison, its pretty apparent who pays their bills...

I heard they got the KK stuck and pulled it out with some foreign vehicle. BS, I dont believe any of it.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been offroad with a Patroit,all I got to say isloser.gif ,that CVT ****** is a total joke on anything but a dirt road,couldn't even pull itself up a mildly steep hill climb.Oh and the fact that it has real car struts and that CVT ****** will not last under the abuse of much larger wheels and tires.

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard they got the KK stuck and pulled it out with some foreign vehicle. BS, I dont believe any of it.

First their Mercedes camera truck got stuck so they "agreed to dispatch our fiercest off-roader, the Jeep Liberty" and got that stuck too. It took them 3 hours with a "jacked up Ford F-250" to set both free. They used a Hyundai Tucson to pull the Liberty off a hummock, snapping a tow rope in the process.

What bugs me is they made it a big deal to test these vehicles "off road" when in reality their performance in the mud was only a tiny fraction of their overall assessment.

If you decide to read the article, wear your boots because the ******** gets pretty deep... ;)

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
are my eyes decieving me or is that one nice case of Arizona Pin Striping ?
You must be registered for see images

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
off topic:

i went to the trail rating link that was in the review.

Looks like all my libby could do is a 2.5 (sigh) lol:D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been offroad with a Patroit,all I got to say isloser.gif ,that CVT ****** is a total joke on anything but a dirt road,couldn't even pull itself up a mildly steep hill climb.Oh and the fact that it has real car struts and that CVT ****** will not last under the abuse of much larger wheels and tires.

lol....the Patriot is "trail Rated" but not "tjkj2002 Rated".......:D

Dave

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol....the Patriot is "trail Rated" but not "tjkj2002 Rated".......:D

Dave
All the "Trail Rated" is a sticker on the fender,nothing more,just a gimmick to sell a vehicle.My Kj has never had or came with a "Trail Rated" badge,but a stock KJ was the last Jeep to complete the Rubicon under it's own power.Being "Trail Rated" is 75% driver and 25% vehicle.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the "Trail Rated" is a sticker on the fender,nothing more,just a gimmick to sell a vehicle.My Kj has never had or came with a "Trail Rated" badge,but a stock KJ was the last Jeep to complete the Rubicon under it's own power.Being "Trail Rated" is 75% driver and 25% vehicle.

I know.....I was just bustin on ya...:D

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kj was also said to do better on the rubicon trail than a stock wrangler.. Just dont let that make its way over the tj forums!

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well however ya dice it, back way to crown king is not an easy trail for most stock vehilces. Without good spoting, i would have dmged my ****** pan ect ect for sure. So whoever said 75% driver, 25% vehicle is right on, but in my case 75% spotter :D Not to mention i completely annihilated my nerf bars that trip the were so bent the looked like crooked sticks! I proptly removed them, went and got a frakenlift, and proceded to beef up the skids underneath the vehicle.

I would say back way to crown king is the hardest trail i would do unlifted, but then after seeing Rkeegstra surf chiva falls unlifted without major incedent... guess back way to crown king gets a strong 2nd place to hardest trail i would try unlifted.