Passenger Floor Wet - Solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malcoll

Reaction score
I just acquired a 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited and one problem it had is super soaked passenger floor area. I narrowed down to A/C Condensate water...... but it took me a while to really figure out what was happening.

As it turns out the TSB on the drain line was what was wrong. the drain outlet only came out about a half-inch (maybe)... and apparently even sitting in the driveway the water would dribble out, and follow the short outlet back into the foam insulation and then down into the floor!

So a 4 inch piece o 5/8 inch heater hose... expanded out to almost 3/4 inch with a downward bend solved the problem. So it's not just "when driving water is blown back into the interior" even just sitting.

I hope this helps someone else, as I spent a couple days noodling this one... it was a bit clogged, but the super short outlet tube appears to have been the culprit.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has a rubber elbow on it so this doesn't happen. Common issue on ZJ's though, they exit inside the frame (horrible, horrible design) with no elbow. Once the seal goes bad around the drain, it comes back inside.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our XJ had the same problem. Needed cleaning every three or four years.

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to make the fix on one of my TJ's.

We had a 3 week old kitchenaid fridge that the "repair" people sent couldn't fix, so they gave us several bags of repair parts, one of the tubes fit perfect on the TJ's drain and even had a 45º at the end.

May of been one of the only jeeps running kitchenaid products :D

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have have this water very intermittently. Anybody have a picture...I'd like to see if I have the same issue. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.