Parts in Canada?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been see alot of guys odering parts like the reciever hitches for front tow and some little things like that. I was just wondering do u guys not have part stores that carry this stuff in town or just like to get it in the mail?

I see reciever hitches and the like in the auto parts stores and camping stores as well as the offroad shops
Just curious:shrug::smokin:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I have been see alot of guys odering parts like the reciever hitches for front tow and some little things like that. I was just wondering do u guys not have part stores that carry this stuff in town or just like to get it in the mail?

I see reciever hitches and the like in the auto parts stores and camping stores as well as the offroad shops
Just curious:shrug::smokin:

They sell allot of the same stuff here but it's just way more expensive.
Take an ARB front bumper for a KJ, in the U.S. it sells for $800-$900.00
Here in B.C. it sells for $1900.00!
Here's another example, a Thule M.O.A.B. roof basket with extension,
$695.00 Canadian here in B.C.
$459.00 from etrailer with free shipping.
$236.00 saved that can be used for other KJ goodies!
We go to the States once a month for 3-4 days and Jen and I can each bring back $800.00 duty and tax free!

Less costly to order it and have it shipped into Canada or better yet to a
freight forwarder just across the border in the U.S.A.!

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARB bull bar 05 - 07 in canada to my door is 1139.95+tax + 197.95 shipping through ouipack (arb canada).

loads of examples on shipping vs Canadian distributors. Duty tends to be the smallest part of the equation. for the record ouipack's pricing isn't horrible ~within 10 bucks on ome coils of US sellers.

rims through quadratec were 200 in shipping vs 39 to anywhere in the US. plus brokerage. I usually get orders sent to my friend in South dakota to pick up and bring back, like my skid plates.

Napa canada is also ******** when it comes to pricing. Moog K3199 LBJ were double the cost. Way cheaper to even pay off UPS brokerage if you have a sizable order. More importantly you guys have stuff we can't get period. Napa part numbers in the US may not make it to canada at all. Products like silglyde and the like.

We may have the advantage of Canadian tire and its 80% off sales but everyday pricing is way more.

Check out shipping on tire rack to a canadian postal code if you want a good laugh.

Atleast 200 bucks in parts come back across the border every time i go down there. No where near Mudds graveyard of spares but I'm starting to keep an inventory.

Last edited:

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!!! that is way messed up I can go to pep boy's or ORW (Offroad Weahouse) and find most of what you guys are buying. Yea the ARB bumpers and such are 800-900 here but it is still another 100 or so to ship to the west coast seems like most the best stuff is in the mid-west or dwn south anyway or at least seems cheaper.
as well as the more woody offroad areas

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
WOW!!! that is way messed up I can go to pep boy's or ORW (Offroad Weahouse) and find most of what you guys are buying. Yea the ARB bumpers and such are 800-900 here but it is still another 100 or so to ship to the west coast seems like most the best stuff is in the mid-west or dwn south anyway or at least seems cheaper.
as well as the more woody offroad areas

That is because there are more people just in your state (by several million actually) than in our entire country ...lol. Supply and Demand 101 :D

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is because there are more people just in your state (by several million actually) than in our entire country ...lol. Supply and Demand 101 :D

That and we pay for having all the diffrent climates 2-3hrs apart in distace ie..Snow in the winter in BigBear then drive 2.5 hrs to the beach, the next day go wheel'n in the desert. yes we do have a lot of pepole here I remeber when there wasn't. seems like I went in the Army and came back to a diffrent place.
I really want to get up north and go wheel'n looks really nice and open(not alot of pepole):smokin:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Coincidentally ... that is also the reason we shoot each other with less frequency :happy175: