Parts for sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some books shouldn't be read.
A deal (contract) is made when terms have been agreed on. This for that. In writing or oral. Both parties in agreement.
Not choosing sides just pointing out what is considered a 'contact'.
Now if you've agreed an a price, and set a time limit for payment or pick up, and it wasn't. Then you had the right to offer the items again at any price- combo you want.
Hope it was just miscommunication and it works out for both parties.

This. In my state, an oral agreement is a binding contract and enforceable in court.

In this world, you really only have one thing, and that is your word. Without it, you have nothing.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing that was agreed upon was a price nothing else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Then that was a contract. So it seems that you broke it. Now you need to fix it.
I don't know either of you just old and made mistakes.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then that was a contract. So it seems that you broke it. Now you need to fix it.
I don't know either of you just old and made mistakes.

If you read my post right after he posted what he said along I said I forgot and they're his when the time comes if he had the money. I just quoted everyone asking prices and didn't think about that. I already tried to fix it

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A deal being made is when money exchanges or products have been exchanged in my book. Nothing was final. And the other people who have bought stuff from me so far have trusted me and I've made sales on line and in person with the jeep parts. I'm sorry youre so butt hurt but I'll sell the rims whether to you or not. Sorry Some people don't shop at walmart cause they hate it. Doesnt stop sales from being made.

If you read my post right after he posted what he said along I said I forgot and they're his when the time comes if he had the money. I just quoted everyone asking prices and didn't think about that. I already tried to fix it

Yes I can admit I am a little butt hurt. I've been trying to find a set of moabs for quite awhile and we made a deal which you seemingly did not want to honor. A man should not be fickle. If you wanted people to bid on something you're selling, you should be clear and say so. When a price and product are agreed upon, that is a contract. Now if someone made you an offer of more money after the fact, the right thing to have done would be to either not entertain the offer and tell the other person they're sold or to ask me to concede to them. If I did not want to concede, you should have kept your agreement with me and then told them they're sold. If I had conceded, then you would be able to go forward with the other offer with no one feeling slighted. Your excuse of "I forgot we talked" may work on your parents or your friends, but it doesn't fly with me. I simply don't believe it.

But if someone else has offered you more money, I will concede. Feel free to sell the wheels to them. No hard feelings. Just take this as a life lesson in integrity and learn from it. :cheers:

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So finally got the jeep home and got everything stripped off it. I know its been a while since I posted here but that's why. I am seriously selling everything except the body. I'm sure there are a few things other than the body than I'm keeping but for the most part everything is going.
Front axle
Rear axle
Steering components
Driveshafts
Transfer case
Transmission
Rims(snail farmer's)
Tires
Springs
Lift kit
Plastic interior(minus dash and doors)
Inside lights
Seats
Center console
Tcase and trans shifters
Brakes
Stock a arms and control arms
Probably more stuff that I'm just forgetting lol

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So finally got the jeep home and got everything stripped off it. I know its been a while since I posted here but that's why. I am seriously selling everything except the body. I'm sure there are a few things other than the body than I'm keeping but for the most part everything is going.
Front axle
Rear axle
Steering components
Driveshafts
Transfer case
Transmission
Rims(snail farmer's)
Tires
Springs
Lift kit
Plastic interior(minus dash and doors)
Inside lights
Seats
Center console
Tcase and trans shifters
Brakes
Stock a arms and control arms
Probably more stuff that I'm just forgetting lol

I'm pleased to see that. It looks like you're trying to make things right with me, and that shows character. As I said before character means everything to me. So in return I will happily pay you the $450 you were trying to get. However, I honestly thought you were going to sell them to someone else and you haven't been on the forum in awhile so I didn't set that money aside. I have the money now, but it would be much easier for me to manage if I could pay you a week from today on the 27th. Let me know if that's acceptable to you and you can PM me the details of how you would like the payment made.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pleased to see that. It looks like you're trying to make things right with me, and that shows character. As I said before character means everything to me. So in return I will happily pay you the $450 you were trying to get. However, I honestly thought you were going to sell them to someone else and you haven't been on the forum in awhile so I didn't set that money aside. I have the money now, but it would be much easier for me to manage if I could pay you a week from today on the 27th. Let me know if that's acceptable to you and you can PM me the details of how you would like the payment made.

I'm going to have to get the tires broken down off the rims and still need to find a shipper. They're yours but I just need more time I work out of town 4 days a week so I have a long weekend but I would be single if I spent all that time with my jeep lol. My gf is the reason my project is going slow lol

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's understandable. I'll assume then that we have an agreement now and I will hold that money aside. Please keep me posted and let me know when you're ready to ship them.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like the A arms and control arms if they're not rusty like mine.

Let me know how much incl. shipping to 21401 (work addy)

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like the A arms and control arms if they're not rusty like mine.

Let me know how much incl. shipping to 21401 (work addy)

Nothing wrong with them last time I checked I'll give them a good inspection once off the vehicle. Just to be sure that you know. They are stock not JBAs or anything special.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with them last time I checked I'll give them a good inspection once off the vehicle. Just to be sure that you know. They are stock not JBAs or anything special.

Stock's just fine. Mine are rusted all to hell from Michigan roads.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leave the complaining about my states roads to me! I'm watching my front tires closely after last weeks trip. Nervous that front end needs alignment.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leave the complaining about my states roads to me! I'm watching my front tires closely after last weeks trip. Nervous that front end needs alignment.

My whole Dads side of the family is from Michigan lol I'm the first to be born in Alabama. I'm allowed to complain lol

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My whole family is from Michigan. Mostly from the same town, or next town over.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No my dad didn't like the majority of his family so I don't really know them very well

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My KJ was brought up in MI - my best friend lives really close to Marlon. So, lots o' rust.