Parts are coming in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks good
They grow up so fast don't they
Just seems like a few days ago she was so tiny and not very tall!
Just look at her now:ROFLJest:

TexasRock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job on your Jeep Sniper! Looks great! Thank you for serving our country brother. I did 22 years as an Airborne Ranger. 1st/75th, 3rd/75th and USASOC, 1st and 5th SF Groups and 160th SOAR...

Rangers Lead The Way!

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job on your Jeep Sniper! Looks great! Thank you for serving our country brother. I did 22 years as an Airborne Ranger. 1st/75th, 3rd/75th and USASOC, 1st and 5th SF Groups and 160th SOAR...

Rangers Lead The Way!

Thank for your service too, brother.
When God call 911 Rangers answer!!!!

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good
They grow up so fast don't they
Just seems like a few days ago she was so tiny and not very tall!
Just look at her now:ROFLJest:

Thanks Tom. I was talking today with a 4wheel drive guru, and he told me that once you lift a kj you need the JBA uca's. Cause any spring will sag a lot faster for the extra pressure. So I'm ordering them asap.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom. I was talking today with a 4wheel drive guru, and he told me that once you lift a kj you need the JBA uca's. Cause any spring will sag a lot faster for the extra pressure. So I'm ordering them asap.

:shrug:
Never heard that one before
I ran my stock ones for the first 70,000 on the first lift, never had an issue.
So how does not swapping out UCAs make the springs sag faster? I have to hear this story now. Spacers ( Daystar etc ) yes they will cause a spring to sag quicker of course
I've installed quite a number of lifts that we didn't do UCAs on, no issues . The UCAs only reposition the upper ball joint at a better angle and are just a touch longer for better alignment when lifted

Last edited:

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did ask the same question? He brought out a board that explains the whole IFS and it made scenes. With spacer is crucial, with springs the way he told me. Is the angle the JBA 4.5 uca's have that help springs from prematurely sagging. He works in Jeepers Den here in Orlando. Im going next week take a picture off the board and posted here. First I need to learn how to post big pictures! Lol!!!!!

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, no rubbing or any contact from the tires so far. Not even at full lock, i was going with a taller tire but. I think is perfect until I do some modifications to the front, and maybe one they my kj can be taller. But for know it grew 1.5" :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK if you buy into his story :emotions33:
Ask them for an " honest answer" how many full spring lifts they have done on KJs ( not spacerlifts)

Last edited:

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK if you buy into his story :emotions33:

Is not that I buy into his story. Im sitting at 22.75 in the front after settling and have factories uca's. I want to take a picture of that board so a you with your knowledge on kj's can confirm or deny. You know I always listen to you, at the end off the day you know, own and play wit kj's this guy don't......:deal:

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did ask the same question? He brought out a board that explains the whole IFS and it made scenes. With spacer is crucial, with springs the way he told me. Is the angle the JBA 4.5 uca's have that help springs from prematurely sagging. He works in Jeepers Den here in Orlando. Im going next week take a picture off the board and posted here. First I need to learn how to post big pictures! Lol!!!!!

Just remember, just because the guy gets dirty, owns a toolbox and works at a shop, doesn't mean he actually knows a thing. The smart ones don't get as dirty, and the knowledge in your head is something you don't buy, you earn.

The upper arms have 0, ZERO bearing on the springs, other than contacting them when you start adding clevis and top plate lift. The spring is a captured design and is attached to the lower arm. The spring is like a honey badger, it really doesn't give a rats *** what the upper arm does. It only cares about resisting pressure from the lower arm. This guy is probably the nimrod on forbidden jeeps that thinks center disconnects are way better than non-disconnects too,lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Is not that I buy into his story. Im sitting at 22.75 in the front after settling and have factories uca's. I want to take a picture of that board so a you with your knowledge on kj's can confirm or deny. You know I always listen to you, at the end off the day you know, own and play wit kj's this guy don't......:deal:

Ddin't mean you necessarily, but meaning his customers
Be interesting to see this board for sure

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
With the height you are they are needed to move the ball joint out some and at a better angle . 22 or so is about all I recommend not doing the arms, but have installed them without due to folks not having the $$$ right then

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just remember, just because the guy gets dirty, owns a toolbox and works at a shop, doesn't mean he actually knows a thing. The smart ones don't get as dirty, and the knowledge in your head is something you don't buy, you earn.

The upper arms have 0, ZERO bearing on the springs, other than contacting them when you start adding clevis and top plate lift. The spring is a captured design and is attached to the lower arm. The spring is like a honey badger, it really doesn't give a rats *** what the upper arm does. It only cares about resisting pressure from the lower arm. This guy is probably the nimrod on forbidden jeeps that thinks center disconnects are way better than non-disconnects too,lol

Forbidden :emotions33: yeah some very interesting comments on that one

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the height you are they are needed to move the ball joint out some and at a better angle . 22 or so is about all I recommend not doing the arms, but have installed them without due to folks not having the $$$ right then

That was my position at the moment of the lift$$$$. But now I can get them, I'm doing it asap and other part I talk to you about!!!!!:emotions33:

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different angle!!!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 20140202_101142.jpg
    20140202_101142.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 21

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute Armysniper... What's this space coast??? I thought I was the only one that has a lifted KJ here on the space coast. Lol. Thank you for your service defending our country.