Parting out the KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drjones

Reaction score
nope, unfortunately i got em before i saw your post.. the only things i need nows the grill and hood.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Got a hood, too...gonna be a bit more awkward to ship though, lol.

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind via satellites

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
how much work would it take to put that front drive shaft in my jeep?

Very little. Unbolt 12 8mm bolts, 6 on each end of the driveshaft, bolt in this one. If you don't have the 45RFE trans and NP231 it won't fit.

MoD

Reaction score
Very little. Unbolt 12 8mm bolts, 6 on each end of the driveshaft, bolt in this one. If you don't have the 45RFE trans and NP231 it won't fit.

I have an 05 renegade rocky mnt edition. I only have the 4 position 4x4 selector (no part time 4wheel) sorry I don't know my numbers

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
I have an 05 renegade rocky mnt edition. I only have the 4 position 4x4 selector (no part time 4wheel) sorry I don't know my numbers

Basically, everything is different :-( would love to sell it to you, but it won't fit your Jeep.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
ok i am sorry. thanks anyway though

No need to be sorry by any means. You should have a driveshaft shop near you that can do something similar. It should use the same parts to convert your current driveshaft as any other KJ. If you can't find a local shop, ThunderbirdJunkie will put you in touch with the guys that did his.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
I was going toorder a tom woods one awhile back but heard they are noisy

Never order a Tom Woods anything. Use your local driveshaft shop. They will be cheaper and more willing to fix them if something breaks. Tom Woods *****.

Jimmy

Reaction score
Did yours have a CD changer? Or do you have the blank rear interior panel that would cover where the changer would've gone?

Also, do you have the wiring harness mounting hardware for the Fog Lights. Have an 04 limited, have a set of brand new lights, but no mounting hardware & no wiring harness that clips into the main lighting harness was included when I bought them (my fault for not reading the offer completely)

Shipped to 29488???

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did yours have a CD changer? Or do you have the blank rear interior panel that would cover where the changer would've gone?

Also, do you have the wiring harness mounting hardware for the Fog Lights. Have an 04 limited, have a set of brand new lights, but no mounting hardware & no wiring harness that clips into the main lighting harness was included when I bought them (my fault for not reading the offer completely)

Shipped to 29488???

No cd changer and fog wiring sold

ebelements

Reaction score
Do you still have all 4 doors, and if so, have they started rusting yet? If you do and they aren't, what would you want for them?

Thanks in advance!