parking lights switched power wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get my aux driving lights tied into the parking lights so I can turn them on only when the parking lights are one. What color is that wire, anyone know. I would rather not run the switch to a constant. thx

mntnbkr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you have a switch for the aux lights and you just want to have the parking light switch set up as a "master off" switch right?

I don't have the wiring diagram for your model year, but I know that he parking lights are turned on by a switched ground through a resistor of some value. The best way to do it would be to ground your aux light relay using the same wire that the park light switch uses for ground...but again, I don't have the wire diagram for your vehicle.

Alternatively, using a test light or DMM, you should be able to find a switched power (or ground maybe) directly from one of the parking lights where the wires enter the bulb socket.

sport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you have a switch for the aux lights and you just want to have the parking light switch set up as a "master off" switch right?

Alternatively, using a test light or DMM, you should be able to find a switched power (or ground maybe) directly from one of the parking lights where the wires enter the bulb socket.

That would be the easiest way, however I don't want to run another wire from the switch out to the parking light. I am tracking down where the park lamp relay is and will tap in from there. Just have to figure out exactly where and what wire to connect to.

mntnbkr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

sport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ehh screw it, I just ran another wire to the side marker. Works like a charm, thanks for your help.

Members online

No members online now.